I had been hearing a lot of good reviews about the The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea range ever since it launched it India. When I saw Krupa from ishtyleawhile.com talk about their shampoo then I decided to finally pick one up for myself. Here is how The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea Refreshingly Purifying Shampoo worked for my fine hair with greasy roots.
Isn’t it amazing when a sample sized product lasts you for weeks, so much so that you are able to write a review on it? It rarely happens that a skincare sample lasts me long enough for me to form an opinion on it but this time I received a sample of The Body Shop Drops Of Youth Concentrate with my recent order and I was pleasantly surprised at how long this product has lasted me (it is still going strong). Here are my thoughts on this product after using it for a few weeks.
Your signature fragrance can not only help you make an entrance every single time, it can also tell a lot about your personality and mood. Unfortunately, most long-lasting perfumes will burn a significant hole in your pocket, which is why I usually rely on The Body Shop fragrances for having that seemingly expensive scent without the hefty price tag. One of my favourite scents from The Body Shop is their White Musk fragrance, and here are my thoughts on the Eau De Toilette from this range.Read More »
Diwali, the festival of lights and joy, is around the corner and a great way to spread the love and cheer this time of the year is to surprise your friends and family with meaningful gifts. A small token of your affection can go a long way in bringing smiles to the faces of your loved ones. If you are struggling to find the perfect Diwali presents then the gift sets from The Body Shop are here to rescue you. These carefully curated bundles can be wonderful Diwali gifts for people of all ages and tastes. Here are some of my top picks from the massive range of gift sets that The Body Shop has come up with this year.
1. A Trio of Hand Creams for the Busy Professionals – This cute trio of hand creams is perfect for the busy professionals in your life who find no time to pamper themselves. These tubes of goodness can be thrown into the handbag to provide instant hydration to the hands while on the go. Not only do these hand creams provide intense moisturization, they are also non-greasy and have beautiful fragrances. These are no-fuss products that are luxurious at the same time, making them ideal for the busy bees.
2. A Luxurious Shaving Kit for the Men In Your Life – From your uncles to your brothers and guy friends, every male in your life will appreciate this handy shaving kit. This gift set contains The Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream and a beautifully crafted shaving brush with extremely soft bristles. Shopping for men can be incredibly hard, but this kit is here to make your life easier. You simply cannot go wrong with this awesome Diwali gift because all the men in your life will appreciate a good shaving experience!
3. White Musk L’Eau EDT Gift Set for the Fragrance Lovers – It is no secret that The Body Shop comes up with some of the most wonderful fragrances at fairly affordable prices, and when you layer up products from the same range then the scent is long-lasting and amazing. One of my favourite fragrances from The Body Shop is White Musk, which is why I feel that any fragrance lover in your life will adore the White Musk L’Eau EDT Gift Set. This kit contains the eau de toilette and body lotion from the White Musk range which has lovely notes of pear, lily of the valley, jasmine and rose essence. This is a musky floral scent that is not too overpowering but still makes a statement.
4. The Almond Milk & Honey Gift Collection for the Family – This gift set is perfect for the entire family because it contains bath essentials in a sweet nutty fragrance. The kit contains a shower cream, a body butter, a hand cream, a cleansing bar, and a fluffy bath lily. The Almond Milk & Honey range has an extremely nourishing formula which is great for the chilly weather ahead. This Diwali gift will definitely light up the faces of your dear ones.
I hope that this post gave you some useful gifting ideas for this festive season. There are also many other excellent kits from The Body Shop that you can pick up for you and your family. Click here to explore the entire range of goodies to make this Diwali even brighter!
Vitamin E is a miracle skincare ingredient that can work wonders for dry and damaged skin. It is a powerful anti-oxidant with anti-inflammatory properties and is also known to reduce UV damage caused by prolonged exposure of skin to sunlight. It is also proven to be extremely effective in treating skin conditions such as atopic dermatitis.
While Vitamin E is naturally present in the skin, factors such as sun exposure and aging can reduce the Vitamin E levels in the skin. This is why you need to incorporate it into your diet as well as in your skincare, especially if you have been noticing dullness and dryness on your skin. Nowadays, there are a lot of skincare products available in the market that contain Vitamin E as a key ingredient. Here are some of my favourite picks from The Body Shop Vitamin E range that are excellent at repairing damaged skin and restoring a youthful glow to the face.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil – Overnight treatments give the quickest and most drastic results when it comes to repairing the skin because the ingredients get substantial time to work their magic without any external factors like sunlight and pollution coming in the way. The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil is a rich concoction of Vitamin E Oil combined with Community Trade sesame seed oil from Nicaragua. This product contains the highest concentration of wheatgerm oil among all the products from the Vitamin E range. You need to apply this serum after cleansing and toning your skin and top it up with a moisturiser to wake up to rejuvenated skin that looks well-rested.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream – This Vitamin E Cream has been a cult favourite since its launch and with good reason. It is specially formulated for those with extremely dry skin and true to its name, it provides intense hydration to the skin. It makes the skin super soft and smooth from the very first application and the results only get better with time. It can be used along with a serum or on its own and can be applied in the morning as well as at night. This jar of goodness is a must have for those who want an instant rescue from dry skin.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Day Lotion (SPF 30) – If you are looking for something light-weight yet nourishing, The Body Shop Vitamin E Day Lotion is the perfect product for you. It has a milky formula that provides hydration without being thick or greasy. This lotion also contains SPF 30 and provides protection from UVA and UVB rays, which make it perfect for daytime use. It sinks into the skin within seconds but continues to nourish and protect it for hours and is an excellent base for makeup too!
If you haven’t discovered the amazing powers of Vitamin E yet then you must try out these products at least once. I am sure that your skin will look so much better that you will never look back!
Tea Tree Oil is a powerful anti-bacterial ingredient that is extremely effective at curbing acne and skin infections. Needless to say, this magical essential oil is the star ingredient in a number of skincare products that are targeted for oily and acne-prone skin. Hence, there are a number of ways in which Tea Tree Oil can be incorporated into the skincare routine. Here are some of the benefits of tea tree oil in its various forms –
Tea Tree Oil Concentrate – Tea tree oil concentrates are the purest forms of the ingredient available in the market. The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil is an excellent choice because it combines 15% tea tree essential oil with tamanu oil that helps with healing and renewing the skin. The best way to use tea tree oil concentrates is to apply the oil directly to active acne with a cotton swab. As an overnight spot treatment, tea tree oil will help in drying out angry breakouts within a day or two and is therefore perfect when you are prepping your acne-prone skin for a special event.
Tea Tree Oil Masks – Tea tree oil face masks help to suck out all the dirt, grime and sweat from the pores while providing a cooling and soothing sensation to irritated skin. These face masks typically combine the purifying properties of clay with the anti-bacterial action of tea tree oil to ensure the all-round health of the skin. Using a tea tree oil face mask once or twice a week is a great way to prevent new breakouts and to nip acne in the bud.
Tea Tree Oil Scrub – The addition of tea tree oil to scrubs adds anti-acne properties to the exfoliating product. Tea tree oil scrubs will unclog your pores while calming your skin and shrinking the acne. These scrubs remove the dead skin and provide a smoother and more youthful look to the skin. These scrubs are perfect for those with dull and acne-prone skin. I personally enjoy The Body Shop Tea Tree Squeaky Clean Scrub because it leaves my skin thoroughly refreshed and rejuvenated as well as acne-free.
Tea Tree Oil Face Wash – Tea tree oil face washes are some of the mildest ways of adding tea tree oil in your skin regimen. If you are new to the ingredient then a face wash containing tea tree oil is a good way to acclimatize your skin to the oil. Tea tree oil face washes are great at removing excess sebum in the morning or at the end of the day while reducing the appearance of pimples. You can also use a tea tree oil face wash to wash your makeup brushes, its anti-bacterial properties will kill any bacteria on your brushes and will prevent acne caused by dirty makeup brushes.
If you are someone with oily and acne-prone skin, tea tree oil can prove to be your skin’s best friend. You can choose to incorporate any or all of these tea tree oil based products in your skincare routine to get back your flawless, glowing skin.
I always tend to switch up my fragrance when the weather moves from summer to winter. While I am all about light, aquatic-floral scents in the summer months, I prefer something warmer, sweeter, and muskier in the winters. This year, my winter scent is The Body Shop White Musk Smoky Rose Fragrance Mist. The Body Shop has different scents in its musk range but this is the perfect one for me because it isn’t too spicy or sweet, and nor is it too strong and manly, due to the floral hits of rose.
When you first spray the scent, the top notes that are quite musky will hit you and it will smell more sharp than floral, but once you let it settle for around 20-30 minutes, it turns into a beautiful blend of musk and rose. I would call it a sophisticated and warm floral scent which is a more grown-up scent than an out an out floral but not too mature either. The longevity of this mist is pretty good too, it does fade throughout the day but a faint fragrance stays on my skin even the next day. It is of course not as strong as a perfume because it is a body mist but if you do not want to fill the room with fragrance yet want to smell good throughout the day then this soft fragrance will do the job for you. If you want to build it up then you can even opt for the body lotion from the range.
Overall, I am really pleased with my choice of fragrance for the cold weather and will recommend this body mist to all those who have a similar preference in scents. This mist retails for around INR 1200, which is approximately half the price of the perfume in the same scent, making it a more affordable option for students and young professionals. Personally, I do find The Body Shop products overpriced in India but still like to invest in their body mists because they last so long and suit my taste really well. So the next time you are at a Body Shop store do give this scent a whiff and I am sure you will love it too!