I LOVE popcorn – not only while watching movies but also for mid-meal snacking when the hunger pangs strike. However, lazy me does not prefer to pop her own kernels, which is where the delicious popcorns from Kadakslap come into the picture. The brand provides a plethora of flavours that add a slap of deliciousness to your day with their crunchy, light-weight, and healthy popcorn.
From the classic Butter and Cheese flavours to the more unique variants such as Sour Cream and Salty Sweet, each flavour of the Kadakslap popcorns offers something new to the palate and provides a healthy alternative to the deep fried and fat-laden snacks such as chips and nachos. Only the best non-GMO kernels from the United States are used by the brand and each packet of popcorn is free of gluten, MSG, artificial colour, and cholesterol, and has a high fibre content too. I also love the colourful, comic book themed packaging of the product which is quite a refreshing change from the standard packaging of snacks in India.
Not just the variety of flavours, but also the extremely affordable price of these crunchy, buttery snacks makes a bag of Kadakslap popcorn the best option for those who love to munch while they work or laze about. One packet will cost you between INR 5-20 and will leave your tongue and tummy completely satisfied – like we say in Hindi, these munchies are total Paisa Vasool 🙂 They also have tins of gourmet chocolate and caramel popcorn (INR 100 each) for the connoisseurs of the snack, for whom the regular flavours just won’t do.
Overall, the Kadakslap popcorns check all the right boxes for me by being inexpensive, delicious and healthy. They are a must try for every popcorn lover out there and even if you are not the biggest fan of popcorn, try these once and you may actually be converted into one! Meanwhile, if you spot me somewhere with a bag of these munchies, you can drool all you want or can buy your own pack because I am not sharing my Kadakslap popcorn with anyone 😛
In India, a cup of tea is usually incomplete without something to munch on. Whether you are enjoying your cuppa at home or are visiting someone, you will be presented with an array of snacks such as biscuits and namkeens, to go with the beverage. Indeed, snacking is a part of our culture and whenever someone arrives at our doorstep at an odd hour, we rely on our trusty containers of goodies to entertain them. Unfortunately though, most of these snacks, be it cookies, or dalmoth, or aloo bhujiya, are quite high in terms of fat content and the sweet treats are extremely sugary. This is why, around every festival, we see our waistlines expanding while we gorge on yet another samosa or Jalebi at tea-time. There are healthier snacks available in the market these days, but they are pretty hard to find and suffer from the lack of flavors that satisfy the Indian palate. This is why the snack boxes offered by SnackExperts are a welcome sight.
SnackExperts is a new venture that aims to make nutritious yet delicious snacks readily available to the entire country. Their snack boxes come with a selection of 5 snacks, which you can handpick from their vast collection, and are delivered right to your doorstep. Although these snacks resemble the traditional Indian snacks in terms of taste and texture, they use better ingredients and lesser sugar and oil. Also, they come in individual zip-lock packets that you can carry along with you to work or to wherever your adventures take you. Now you have no excuse not to eat healthily!
The team at SnackExperts kindly sent me a few of their snacks to sample some days back and here are my thoughts on these delicious goodies.
1. Triberry Medley – The Triberry Medley is a yummy trio of black currants, dried strawberries and dried cranberries that helps boost the energy with the help of natural sugars while satisfying the sweet tooth. A handful of these delicious berries can be added to cereal or yogurt for a yummy breakfast or snack. You can also have these on their own as a mid-meal snack to stay energized throughout the day.
2. Barnyard Crispies – Every household in India loves Sev, a crunchy deep fried snack made using Bengal Gram Flour or Besan. The Barnyard Crispies from SnackExperts are a healthy take on the traditional Sev because they are made using a combination of pulse flours and rice flour. Also, you can rest assured that the oil used for the preparation is fresh and hygienic, something that is always doubtful with the local brands.
3. Old Fashioned Nut Mix – Nuts do not need dollops of ghee and salt to taste delicious, they are yummy in their natural form. The Old Fashioned Nut Mix celebrates the natural flavors of almonds, walnuts, and peanuts along with a hint of spice added in the form of peppery cashew nuts. An excellent accompaniment with any beverage, this mix provides the goodness of vitamins and healthy fats that the nuts contain.
4. Original Seeds Flapjack – The classic Ghajak gets a modern avatar in the form of the Original Seeds Flapjack from SnackExperts. Oozing with the goodness of Jaggery, oats, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds, these flapjacks have a caramelly taste and are the perfect dessert to end any meal with. A healthier alternative to brownies or Indian sweet meats, these flapjacks are a delightful fusion of taste and health.
5. Honey Roasted Cashew – I love the rich flavors of cashew nuts and SnackExperts further enhances them with a hint of honey, chilli flakes, and yellow mustard seeds, with their honey roasted cashews. This is a delectable sweet and salty snack that will keep you full until your next meal. The fact that the cashews are roasted and not deep fried makes this bowl of goodness all the more appealing!
It must be obvious to you by now that I am head over heels in love with each of the scrumptious snacks sent to me by SnackExperts. If you are struggling to keep your diet in check due to unhealthy and tempting snacks or do not have the time to prepare or hunt for healthier variants then do order your customized snack box from Snackexperts.com today for guilt-free snacking that satisfies the taste buds too!
Disclaimer – PR samples sent by the brand but all opinions are my own.