There are some products that come in your life and completely change your skincare game. As far-fetched as it may sound, it seems like I may not turn back to micellar waters anytime soon, thanks to an amazing cleansing balm I have discovered. The product I am going to review today is the Banila Co Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm, a cult level cleansing balm that many bloggers I trust swear by. I was finding it hard to get my hands on this product without spending a massive amount on shipping, but finally bought it during a sale from StyleKorean.com. Here are my thoughts on this product after using it for a couple of weeks.
Be it summer or winter, my skin always needs its drink of vitamin C to emanate that healthy glow. Vitamin C not only adds radiance to the skin but also helps fade pigmentation, which is much needed by someone like me with blemish prone skin. Over the past month, I have been using the Vaunt Vitamin C Water as a part of my PM skincare routine and here is what I think of the product!
Merry Christmas to all of you! My Christmas angel this year is an extremely special one. It is this beautiful chocolate angel soap from Aroma Essentials! Who would want to destroy this stunning soap by using it? Well, I did, just to review it for you guys! Read on to find out if this pretty soap worked as well as it looks.
Guest Post by Sohini
I’m Sohini, a budding blogger, youtuber as well as an influencer. I’m into this thing since last year and Mrinalini is one of the first few bloggers whom I followed on WordPress as well as on Instagram and writing for LipstickforLunch is a great opportunity for me.
So for my first guest post for this blog, I would like to share my experience with a new and innovative product I recently used- the generic version of the original makeup eraser. I got this from the brand Stay Quirky. It’s called their Wipe Out Makeup Remover.
A few days back I reviewed the DearPacker Home Remedy Masks and I couldn’t stop raving about them. Today, I will be reviewing another variant from the brand, the DearPacker Lab Collection Masks. Read on to find out whether these sheet masks managed to impress me or not!
The DearPacker Lab Collection Masks are available in 3 different formulations on Nykaa.com – Anti-Pollution & Clearing, Anti-Aging & Firming, and Anti-Dry & Hydrating. I picked up the Anti-Pollution & Clearing and the Anti-Dry & Hydrating variants. Unlike the home remedy masks from the brand, the Lab Collection masks have a more “professional-looking” packaging. The sheets themselves are more opaque and are made of cotton as opposed to the home remedy sheet masks that look more translucent and feel more jelly-like. The lab collection sheet masks are also bigger in size, and so I had to fiddle around a bit with them to make them fit my tiny face.
As for the formulations, these masks did not feel as hydrating on my skin as the home remedy masks and they tend to dry up faster as well and lose their squishy feel within 10 minutes. They do make the skin look brighter and hydrated but they do not have that wow-factor which the home remedy masks have, at least not on my skin. In fact, I noticed a few bumps on my skin the day after using the Anti-Pollution & Clearing Mask, although I cannot be hundred percent sure that the mask caused this or whether it was a good thing (toxins coming to the surface) or a bad thing.
Overall, I would say that if you are looking for good sheet masks then it might be a better idea to go for the DearPacker Home Remedy Masks instead of the Lab Collection Masks. The Home Remedy masks are available at the same price (INR 100 per mask) and they come in a number of variants, so you will be able to pick up something that will be perfect for your skin type. I am definitely going to stock up on the Home Remedy Masks but won’t be repurchasing the Lab Collection Masks.
For the first time in my life, I have found a sheet mask that fits my face perfectly, one that I do not have to fiddle around with while application and that stays put on my face even if I walk or prance around. I am talking about the DearPacker Home Remedy Masks which are exclusively available on Nykaa.com. I recently picked up a bunch of sheet masks from the DearPacker Home Remedy and Lab Collection ranges, and here is what I think about their home remedy masks.
The DearPacker Home Remedy Masks are sheet masks enriched with ingredients that are commonly used in home skincare remedies, such as yogurt, chickpea, turmeric, cucumber, and honey. Each of these sheet masks is formulated specifically for different skincare needs such as soothing, brightening and clarifying the skin. They come in cute and colourful packaging that I love, and the mask comes soaked in a thick serum that does not spill everywhere when you open the pack, and is less messy compared to other sheet masks.
At the time of writing this blog post, I have only tried the Fenugreek and Cucumber Sheet Mask, and this product truly wowed me. This sheet mask provides a cooling sensation to the face and calms down the skin and any angry breakouts. It feels extremely hydrating on the skin when the mask is on the face, and when I remove the mask after 15 minutes, I am greeted by extremely bright skin, which is at least visibly thrice as bright than before using the mask. The serum that is left behind on the skin can be patted in easily and leaves the skin feeling extremely hydrated without feeling clogged.
Overall, I am super impressed with these sheet masks and will be posting mini-reviews of each of these variants here or on my Instagram profile. They are priced at INR 100 each and if you buy them in bulk then you can avail great offers on Nykaa.com. If you are wanting to add a boost of radiance to your skin right before a special occasion, then picking up a couple of these sheet masks is an absolute must for you!
If you have ever used a black peel off mask, you would know that they all have a strong chemical scent and they often tend to dry up in the tube, leading to wastage of your money. Fabeya has now got you covered on both fronts with their Bamboo Charcoal Sea Algae Peel Off Mask that comes in the form of a powder! Read on to find out more about this unique product.
The most unique thing about this product is of course the fact that it is a peel off mask in the form of a powder. You simply have to mix this light grey, finely milled powder with some regular water or rose water to form a thick paste. A 3-4 mm layer of this paste needs to be applied on the skin and peeled off after it has become completely dry, after 20 minutes or so. You may need to experiment a little with the thickness of the layer that you apply on your skin because if it is too thin it will crack and if it is too thick it will take a long time to dry. However, once you have the thickness right, the product will peel off pretty easily and will remove white heads and dead skin quite effectively.
Another great thing about this product is that it is PVA free and does not dry out the skin or leave it feeling red and sensitive. While most black peel off masks in the market leave the skin fairly dehydrated and sensitive, this one actually hydrates the skin while removing only dead cells and white heads. There is a lot of controversy surrounding cream based peel off masks, with many people claiming that they actually contain glue in them. Not only can you trust Fabeya for their all-natural formulations (this one contains detoxifying bamboo charcoal and hydrating sea algae), even while using the product you will feel that it is made from pure and natural, non-toxic ingredients.
Priced at INR 399 for a 30gm pack, this affordable product will give you several uses. If you have used a black peel off mask in the past and have found it extremely harsh or stripping then this product might convert you into a peel-off mask lover. Do try it out once, I am sure you will love it!
Minerals from the Dead Sea are famous for their skincare properties which help in removing dead skin and dullness. Now this goodness is available in a jar in the form of the Fabeya Dead Sea Mud Mask. This face mask is also unique because it is PVA free, and therefore it claims to be non-drying. Read on to find out whether this face mask managed to impress me or not!
The Fabeya Dead Sea Mud Mask has a creamy, muddy consistency and spreads easily on the face. It has a strong scent that tends to irritate the eyes and lips a little, but the brand has already instructed that the product should not be used near the eye or lip area, so all is good. Once applied on the face it provides a cool, slightly tingly sensation to the skin and takes approximately 15-20 minutes to dry up completely. The brand also recommends washing this product off with warm water, which is something that you should keep in mind because it does not wash off easily with cold water.
Coming to the results, this mud mask provides an even, natural radiance to the face and my skin looked visibly plumper and supple after just one use. The product contains Organic Soy Phytosterol which is known to combat wrinkles, and I feel that this is the ingredient that helps in plumping up the skin. Also, when the product dries up on the skin it does not feel any different than other masks, but once you wash it off, there is no stretchy feeling on the skin, unlike most of the other masks that I have tried. This makes this mud mask perfect for those with dry skin.
This mud mask is available in a 140gm jar priced at INR 499. This is fairly reasonable considering the quality, quantity and efficacy of the product. With regular use once or twice a week, this product will reduce wrinkles and increase the radiance of the skin. Do try it out this Diwali to get the festive glow!
Diwali, the festival of lights and joy, is around the corner and a great way to spread the love and cheer this time of the year is to surprise your friends and family with meaningful gifts. A small token of your affection can go a long way in bringing smiles to the faces of your loved ones. If you are struggling to find the perfect Diwali presents then the gift sets from The Body Shop are here to rescue you. These carefully curated bundles can be wonderful Diwali gifts for people of all ages and tastes. Here are some of my top picks from the massive range of gift sets that The Body Shop has come up with this year.
1. A Trio of Hand Creams for the Busy Professionals – This cute trio of hand creams is perfect for the busy professionals in your life who find no time to pamper themselves. These tubes of goodness can be thrown into the handbag to provide instant hydration to the hands while on the go. Not only do these hand creams provide intense moisturization, they are also non-greasy and have beautiful fragrances. These are no-fuss products that are luxurious at the same time, making them ideal for the busy bees.
2. A Luxurious Shaving Kit for the Men In Your Life – From your uncles to your brothers and guy friends, every male in your life will appreciate this handy shaving kit. This gift set contains The Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream and a beautifully crafted shaving brush with extremely soft bristles. Shopping for men can be incredibly hard, but this kit is here to make your life easier. You simply cannot go wrong with this awesome Diwali gift because all the men in your life will appreciate a good shaving experience!
3. White Musk L’Eau EDT Gift Set for the Fragrance Lovers – It is no secret that The Body Shop comes up with some of the most wonderful fragrances at fairly affordable prices, and when you layer up products from the same range then the scent is long-lasting and amazing. One of my favourite fragrances from The Body Shop is White Musk, which is why I feel that any fragrance lover in your life will adore the White Musk L’Eau EDT Gift Set. This kit contains the eau de toilette and body lotion from the White Musk range which has lovely notes of pear, lily of the valley, jasmine and rose essence. This is a musky floral scent that is not too overpowering but still makes a statement.
4. The Almond Milk & Honey Gift Collection for the Family – This gift set is perfect for the entire family because it contains bath essentials in a sweet nutty fragrance. The kit contains a shower cream, a body butter, a hand cream, a cleansing bar, and a fluffy bath lily. The Almond Milk & Honey range has an extremely nourishing formula which is great for the chilly weather ahead. This Diwali gift will definitely light up the faces of your dear ones.
I hope that this post gave you some useful gifting ideas for this festive season. There are also many other excellent kits from The Body Shop that you can pick up for you and your family. Click here to explore the entire range of goodies to make this Diwali even brighter!
Today, our guest blogger Sneha talks about a product that really helped her acne-prone skin. Read on to find out what she thinks about the Rustic Art Aloe Vera Gel.
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION AND USES:
Rustic Art’s Aloe vera gel is an all-purpose gel. It has no added colors, no fragrance, and is naturally fresh. It can be used as a moisturizer or an astringent and it heals acne, infections, inflammation, minor cuts, and burns. It also balances excess oil, and can be used as an antiseptic, an aftershave or a nappy rash cream too!
Aloe Vera, Lemon Extracts, Natural Preservative of TCLS (Tumeric oil, clove oil, lemongrass oil)
I had acne a few months back and started using this gel after trying the variants from Patanjali as well as Aloe Veda, and I must say I have got hooked to this. As I have used three tubs of Rustic Art’s Aloe Vera gel and am about to open my new tub, I decided to review this amazing gel.
I have oily and sensitive skin. No cream or moisturizer suits me except this. It balances excess oil and also has antiseptic properties. I use this gel as a night cream. I wash my face and apply it before going to bed. I also apply a thick layer under the eyes, so you can also use it as an under eye cream for dark circles. It’s lightweight and soothing.
You can also apply it as a day cream. It’s a must for all oily-skinned beauties. It doesn’t have any chemicals or parabens, which is an added bonus. My brother uses it as an aftershave and it works well for that purpose too.
While this gel is good for removing zits, it may not be as effective for severe acne. When I was undergoing treatment for Acne Vulgaris, the doctor prescribed me Doxycycline, and I used this gel as a moisturizer and it worked well.
The only drawback is the packaging because if two or more people use the same tub, it may be unhygienic.
Shelf life: One year
Smell: Odourless as no perfume/fragrance is used.
Price: INR 200 for 100 gms
It is available online. You can purchase it through different online portals like Amazon, Nykaa, Flipkart etc.
4.5/5 (0.5 deducted for packaging)
Hope you found this review useful! Click here to buy the Rustic Art Aloe Vera Gel.
Skin Salad is a brand that I had been hearing a lot about on Instagram, and I was drawn to their packaging even before I tried out any of their products. Therefore, I was quite excited when I received three items from their Activated Charcoal range in my mail recently. All of these items have become a part of my daily skincare regimen, and here is why I love them so much.
1. Skin Salad Charcoal Face Cleanser – The Skin Salad Charcoal Face Cleanser is an activated charcoal cleanser that also contains tea tree extracts, making it perfect for acne prone skin. While most of the activated charcoal face washes I have used so far are quite thin in consistency, this one is slightly thicker and lathers really well on the skin. It leaves the skin feeling squeaky clean and looking visibly brighter but does not strip it dry. The packaging is also super cute and travel-friendly because it has a pump. I have been using this face wash once a day, alternating it with a creamier face wash at night, and it has managed to keep my skin clear and acne-free.
2. Skin Salad Charcoal Face Mask – The Skin Salad Charcoal Face Mask complements the face wash perfectly and sucks out all the gunk and grease from the pores. This face mask has a very unique bouncy texture which I love and the refreshing scent of tea tree. The formula is in the form of a cream with chunky and gritty scrub particles embedded in it. Therefore it acts as both a mask and a scrub. It is truly deep cleansing and detoxifying, which is why you should restrict its usage to once or twice a week. Also, it may be a little dehydrating for those with dry skin, so make sure not to leave it on for more than 3 minutes. Personally, this is my favourite product from the range and it truly rescues my skin when it feels dull and clogged.
3. Skin Salad Charcoal Body Cleanser – The Skin Salad Charcoal Body Cleanser is just like the face wash in a body wash form. It has the same refreshing tea tree scent and the cleansing properties of activated charcoal. The tea tree extracts have soothing properties that help to calm down irritated or acne-prone skin and prevent body acne. It lathers really well and leaves my skin feeling super refreshed and the packaging with a pump is a bonus.
Overall, I am really impressed with the entire range and am looking forward to trying out more products from Skin Salad. All the products are priced around the INR 400-600 mark, with discounts available on Amazon, which make them quite affordable for the quality. I will highly recommend all these products to those with oily and acne-prone skin, particularly the amazing face mask!
You may invest buckets of money in high-end skincare products and make regular trips to the salon but may still be noticing dullness, acne or pores on your skin. What is it that you are doing wrong? Perhaps you have not incorporated these skin-changing habits into your lifestyle! And what may these be? Read on to find out!
1. Applying Sunscreen Every Day – “But it isn’t sunny today!”, “I will just cover my face with a scarf”, “I’m stepping out only for a couple of hours” – If these are the excuses you fall back on for not applying sunscreen then you are doing gross injustice to your skin. You need to apply sunscreen DAILY, regardless of the weather conditions or your schedule. Those pesky UV rays are everywhere, and you need sun protection all day long. These days, sunscreen products are available in a number of formulations, from gels to matte lotions and hydrating creams, so pick the formula that suits your skin type the best and hold on to it for dear life!
2. Using a Toner Every Time You Cleanse – Every time you wash your face or use a face mask, the product unclogs your pores and removes all the gunk from them, but after this is done, your pores are still open. This is where a toner comes into the picture. Using a toner helps to close back your pores so that they don’t remain exposed to dirt and pollution. This could be something as simple as rose water or a slightly more intense Vitamin C toner. If you are experiencing bumps and craters on your face then a toner is what you need.
3. Removing Your Makeup Every Night – Contrary to popular belief, it isn’t makeup that destroys your skin but not letting your skin breathe at all. Leaving makeup on overnight is perhaps the worst thing you could do to your skin. No matter how exhausted you are, your skin is even more exhausted and needs to be decongested and allowed to heal overnight. I am a strong believer in double cleansing, so first break down your makeup with a micellar water or cream cleanser and then follow it up with a face wash. Top it up with a toner and moisturiser. This skincare ritual may seem too tedious but trust me, it takes only 5 minutes and will make your skin look so much better the next day.
Making these 3 skincare habits a part of your life can truly make your skin glow from within and look so much healthier. If you have been struggling with skin issues for a long time then do pay heed to these rituals and I am sure your skin will thank you for it!