A few days back I reviewed the DearPacker Home Remedy Masks and I couldn’t stop raving about them. Today, I will be reviewing another variant from the brand, the DearPacker Lab Collection Masks. Read on to find out whether these sheet masks managed to impress me or not!
The DearPacker Lab Collection Masks are available in 3 different formulations on Nykaa.com – Anti-Pollution & Clearing, Anti-Aging & Firming, and Anti-Dry & Hydrating. I picked up the Anti-Pollution & Clearing and the Anti-Dry & Hydrating variants. Unlike the home remedy masks from the brand, the Lab Collection masks have a more “professional-looking” packaging. The sheets themselves are more opaque and are made of cotton as opposed to the home remedy sheet masks that look more translucent and feel more jelly-like. The lab collection sheet masks are also bigger in size, and so I had to fiddle around a bit with them to make them fit my tiny face.
As for the formulations, these masks did not feel as hydrating on my skin as the home remedy masks and they tend to dry up faster as well and lose their squishy feel within 10 minutes. They do make the skin look brighter and hydrated but they do not have that wow-factor which the home remedy masks have, at least not on my skin. In fact, I noticed a few bumps on my skin the day after using the Anti-Pollution & Clearing Mask, although I cannot be hundred percent sure that the mask caused this or whether it was a good thing (toxins coming to the surface) or a bad thing.
Overall, I would say that if you are looking for good sheet masks then it might be a better idea to go for the DearPacker Home Remedy Masks instead of the Lab Collection Masks. The Home Remedy masks are available at the same price (INR 100 per mask) and they come in a number of variants, so you will be able to pick up something that will be perfect for your skin type. I am definitely going to stock up on the Home Remedy Masks but won’t be repurchasing the Lab Collection Masks.
2017 was the year of the sheet mask craze in India, but I am someone who often does not buy a product just because everybody else is buying it. This was the case with The Face Shop Sheet Masks, which everybody raved about but I never added to my cart. However, recently, my skin looked a little dull and tired, thanks to the heat and the long hours in front of a screen, so I decided to finally try out the Blueberry and Lemon Sheet Masks from The Face Shop. Here are my thoughts after using these masks on consecutive nights.
The Blueberry mask claims to be a revitalizing mask that is supposed to improve the suppleness of the skin while hydrating it and making it baby smooth. It comes drenched in a serum that smells like blueberries and has a slightly thick consistency. The mask feels extremely cooling on the skin and fits quite well on the face. Upon removal after 15-20 minutes, my skin looked visibly more radiant and felt hydrated. However, although the brand recommends patting in the residual serum into the skin, I feel that the serum is quite heavy and felt like something that would clog my pores. Therefore, I would recommend rinsing off the extra serum if you have oily, acne-prone skin.
The lemon mask is packed with the goodness of Vitamin C and claims to add a radiance to the skin. This mask too comes drenched in a cooling serum but somehow this particular serum feels lighter than the blueberry one and gets absorbed into the skin more easily, making it more suitable for oily-skinned people. Strangely enough, after using this sheet mask, I did not notice as much brightness as I had expected due to its claims, but my skin felt extremely smooth and supple. Overall, I was pretty happy with this mask and this one definitely suited my skin way better than the blueberry mask.
I will surely be purchasing the Lemon sheet mask again but I am not too keen on reusing the Blueberry mask because the serum felt too heavy on my skin. Perhaps if you have dry skin then the Blueberry mask will suit you better. After using these sheet masks I do get what the hype is all about. The Face Shop Sheet Masks provided me some of the most visible results after just one use when compared to the other sheet masks I have tried, which require multiple uses before the results start showing. Priced at INR 100 each, these sheet masks are an excellent investment to give a boost to your skin right before a special event, provided that you find the right variant for your skin. A must try in my opinion!
In the cold weather, my skin literally becomes thirsty for moisture. I can feel the dryness and stretchiness if I do not pamper my face a little bit extra with hydrating creams and face masks. I recently received the Medicos-V Aqua Blue Water Bank Essential Mask from Skin18.com as a part of their blogger collaboration program and this provided a much-needed drink of moisture to my skin.
This cellulose mask is a sheet mask that fits really well on the face and provides some much needed hydration to the skin. One of the primary ingredients of the serum that the mask is drenched in is Hyaluronic Acid, which is famous for providing suppleness and hydration to the skin, making it plump and more youthful. It also contains Adenosine that helps with firming the skin and preventing wrinkles.
The mask is extremely cooling on the skin and provides immediate relief to dehydrated or irritated skin. I left it on my face for around 15 minutes and it felt like I had immersed my face in a pool of soothing water. Upon removing the mask, quite a lot of the serum was left behind on my face which I massaged into my skin. My face looked visibly rejuvenated, and my skin felt baby soft and plump, something that is hard for me to achieve in winter.
This sheet mask is priced at $2.50 but is currently available at $1.80 on skin18.com. If sheet masks are your thing then this sheet mask is a must-have for the colder months for you. Do give it a shot and I promise you that your skin will stay healthy and bouncy all through the chilly season.
Hi guys! I am here today to add some positivity to a gloomy Monday with the much-awaited review of the June ZoBag. I know that it is already the second week of July but I received this bag towards the end of last month and wanted to thoroughly test the products before writing my verdict. For those of you who are not aware of ZoBag, it is a monthly subscription bag that provides 5 full-sized beauty/skincare products at an extremely affordable price of INR 499. The theme of the June ZoBag is Summer Retreat, and true to its name, it carries 5 skincare products that help reverse the signs of sun damage and offer a glowing, healthy skin in the harsh summer months. So without much ado, here is the detailed overview of the contents of the bag.
1. Biotique Bio Papaya Revitalizing Tan Removal Scrub – The first product that I will talk about today is the Biotique Bio Papaya Tan Removal Scrub. This wonderful scrub has a delicious, fruity fragrance and a thick creamy consistency with rough granules that are perfect for the removal of dead skin. This scrub is on the grittier side of the spectrum and may not be suitable for extremely sensitive skin, however, it works wonders on my skin and leaves it looking much brighter and buttery soft! Regular usage of this product visibly improves the texture of the skin making it more vibrant and smooth. Therefore, this is the perfect scrub for those who prefer a strong exfoliating action.
2. MCaffeine Sea Fern Sunscreen – When it comes to a summer retreat, one product that always comes to mind is a sunscreen, and the MCaffeine Sea Fern Sunscreen is an interesting new sunscreen lotion on the block. It combines the antioxidant properties of caffeine with the soothing touch of calendula and the nourishment of argan oil, to create a sunscreen lotion that can double up as a moisturizer. This product gets soaked into the skin really quickly and leaves behind a fresh scent. It contains SPF 30 which is ideal for daily use in the summer months. The only downside of this sunscreen is that it is not waterproof and needs to be reapplied every 2 hours and it also leaves behind a slight white cast. An honorable mention goes to the pump based packaging with a plastic lock that is extremely handy for preventing leakage while throwing this product into a suitcase.
3. Votre After Sun Mist – Votre is a skincare brand that I have trusted for a long time and therefore I was overjoyed to receive the Votre After Sun Mist in the June ZoBag. Facial mists are excellent at refreshing sunburnt skin throughout the day and this particular product has an amazing cooling action. It contains the extracts of Honeysuckle, Noni Fruit, Grapeseed, and Amla that moisturize and heal the skin to repair the damage caused by sunlight. The size and packaging of this face mist are perfect for the handbag and this is one product I never step out of the house without these days. One word of caution is that it does spray out quite a large amount of product in one go, so use a gentle hand and spray the product from a distance for even coverage of the face.
4. Krishkare Skin Repair Gel – Everyone is aware of the cooling and hydrating properties of aloe vera, which make it an essential part of a summer skincare routine. The Krishkare Skin Repair Gel combines aloe vera gel with cucumber extracts to create the perfect concoction for summer. This gel has a sweet, herbal scent and needs to massaged on the skin post-cleansing for maximum benefits. You need to apply it in a circular motion to the face and massage it in so that the ingredients get absorbed into the skin, then rinse off the excess to achieve visibly brighter and supple skin. This product comes with antioxidant and antibacterial properties that reduce acne while cooling sun damaged skin. However, it contains parabens in the list of ingredients which may not be preferred by some.
5. Krishkare Hydrate Sheet Mask – Last but not the least is a product without which any skincare subscription bag would be incomplete – a sheet mask! The June ZoBag contains the Krishkare Hydrate Sheet Mask which is paraben-free (Yay!) and contains coconut jelly and natural cellulose that help to hydrate the skin while making it more supple. This sheet mask has an instant cooling effect on the skin and also claims to get rid of a tan. I did not have a tan when I used the product so I cannot really vouch for the tan removal properties but this sheet mask definitely relaxed my skin and left it feeling energized and refreshed. The perfect way to pamper yourself after a hectic day in the summer sun!
Believe it or not, the June ZoBag contains products worth INR 1600 and you can make them yours at an extremely affordable price of INR 499! Additionally, the bag in itself has a pretty floral design and enough room to pack in a ton of beauty products! I am thoroughly satisfied with what I received and I genuinely feel that ZoBag is one of the best beauty subscription bags in India at the moment because it provides excellent value for money. Not one product is a dud or a filler product, which is what makes ZoBag stand apart from the rest. I am eagerly looking forward to this month’s bag and ZoBag has definitely found a loyal customer in me!
P.S. – You can check out more details about the June ZoBag by clicking on this link.
I never knew that sheet masks could be so addictive until I received a lovely package from Mond’Sub which contained two of their amazing sheet masks for me to review. I have already reviewed the Mond’Sub Anti-Wrinkle and Moisturizing Facial Mask in a previous blog post, so today I will be talking about the Mond’Sub Gold Facial Mask from their Crystal Collagen Mask Series.
This facial mask differs from the usual sheet masks because instead of being a thin sheet, it is a thicker, jelly-like sheet of gold. It comes drenched in a mildly scented serum that claims to rehydrate and brighten the skin and also to accelerate the cell renewal process. Other benefits of the mask as stated by the brand include tightening and lifting of the skin along with the reduction of wrinkles. Although the packaging states that first time users should use these masks on three consecutive days for best results, I had just one with me so decided to make do with it. As soon as I placed it on my skin, my face felt relaxed and the serum provided some cooling action as well. I left the mask on for around 30 minutes and when I removed it, my skin looked visibly brighter! The mask also lived up to its claims of tightening the skin and it felt more supple and youthful to touch.
If I could change just one thing about this product, I would make the eyeholes a little bit bigger but I do not have any other cons to state about this facial mask. I will definitely be purchasing some more in the future to reap the full benefits of the product. I am extremely grateful to Mond’Sub for sending me this lovely mask to review and for introducing me to the wonderful world of sheet masks!
Sheet masks have taken the world of skincare by a storm and I must admit that I am late to the party. I have been meaning to try these out since a long time but somehow never got around to it. Imagine my sheer joy when Mond’Sub kindly sent me two of their much-loved sheet masks to review. Even before I knew it, I was ripping open the packaging of the Mond’Sub Anti-Wrinkle & Moisturizing Facial Mask from their Collagen Silk Mask Series. Here are my views on this lovely product that transformed my skin within a few minutes.
This mask is primarily meant for mature or prematurely aging skin and promises to fight wrinkles while moisturizing and brightening the skin. Although I do not have wrinkles yet, my skin was feeling a bit tired and dry the day I tried out this sheet mask. As soon as I opened up the packaging, a clear serum oozed out, this is the nourishing fluid which the mask is soaked in. Be a little careful while removing the mask from the packaging to prevent the liquid from leaking. Once the mask is out, just peel off the transparent film and place it on your face with the blue side on the top. Now peel off the blue layer and let the mask sit on your face for around 15 minutes. The packaging contains the list of ingredients and instructions for use on the back so all the information that you need has been provided by the brand.
As soon as I placed the sheet mask on my skin, I felt a cooling sensation spread throughout the surface of my face. I believe that this cooling property helps to reduce irritation and redness and calms down the skin. Once the mask is in place, you just need to sit back and relax for some time. The mask adhered well to the skin, although it was slightly big for my face. Once I managed to get the eye holes in the right place, it was quite comfortable to wear and I could go about my work while it pampered my skin.
At the risk of looking completely ridiculous, here is a picture of me with the mask on. Now that you have had a good laugh (:P), it is time for my final verdict on the product. Once I removed the mask, there was some residual serum left on my skin which I massaged in and then rinsed my face with water. I could immediately notice that my skin was firmer and more supple than before, which means that this sheet mask will definitely be great at reducing wrinkles. It provides the right amount of hydration without making the skin oily and is pretty gentle on the skin too. Priced at INR 200, the Mond’Sub Anti-Wrinkle & Moisturizing Facial Mask is the perfect quick boost for dull, tired, and aging skin. It is available at a discounted rate on various online stores, and you can purchase it from Nykaa at INR 129 only.
If you wish to explore the world of sheet masks then Mond’Sub has an excellent range and I will soon be reviewing their Gold Facial Mask as well. Meanwhile, you can catch the latest updates from the brand on their Instagram page – @mondsubindia
I hope that you enjoy this sheet mask as much as I did, stay tuned for more reviews!