Everybody is loving black peel-off masks these days and I keep trying new ones from time to time. The recent addition to my stash is the MondSub Peel Off Charcoal Mask. This peel off mark claims to deep cleanse the skin, remove blackheads, and remove dark spots. Read on to find out if the product lives up to its claims.
First of all, one thing that I did not like about the product is that it also claims to have skin “whitening” properties due to the presence of Arbutin in the formula. Honestly, nobody’s skin needs to be “whitened” and I am waiting for the day when brands stop using this claim as a marketing strategy.
Moving on to the actual performance of the product though, it has all the characteristics of a decent peel off mask. The formula is a slightly thick and sticky black liquid that has a strong odor of chemicals when freshly squeezed out of the tube but the scent fades away within a few minutes. You need to cleanse your face and pat a warm wet towel on it before application to prep your skin and open up the pores. Then apply a thin and even layer of the product on the face avoiding your eyes, hair, and eyebrows. The product dries up within 15-20 minutes and when this happens your skin will feel slightly stretched out. At this point, the mask will start lifting off from the edges and you can pull it gently. Depending on how evenly you had applied the product, it will come off in large pieces. One word of caution is that this mask will pull out a majority of facial hair too, so if you have a peach fuzz then pulling the mask off will be fairly painful. However, the mask does a good job at removing white heads and dead skin, making it worth the pain. Any residual product can be washed off with water and using a toner after this mask is a must.
Overall, this peel off mask works pretty well but is definitely not meant for sensitive skin. It leaves the skin smooth and bump free and the price point of INR 399 is ok but I am a little worried that the product may dry out in the tube before I am able to finish it off. My hunt for a spectacular black peel off mask still continues but I am satisfied with this product until then.
The festive season is upon us and the first and most wonderful gift I have received is the October – Diwali Edition of Mauvelush, a new luxury subscription box in India, which the brand kindly sent my way. I unboxed this beauty on my Insta stories yesterday, so head over to my Instagram now if you wish to catch my first impressions. However, in case you missed the unboxing video, here is my review of the Mauvelush October – Diwali Edition for you.
Before getting into the contents of the box, let me talk about the box itself. Mauvelush has come up with a beautifully branded box that looks pretty high-end, and the box also contains a personalized printed note with the Mauvelush branding. This is what I would expect from a luxury subscription box. Even though a lot of subscription boxes are emerging every month, their packaging does not stand out as much as this one. This box has a princessy vibe which every girl would like, unlike the plain old brown cardboard boxes that other brands use. So enough about the packaging, let us now look at the contents of the box.
1. Decorative Bird Cage – I am the kind of person who loves home decor items but seldom purchases them, thinking that it is a wastage of money. Therefore, receiving this beautiful ornamental bird cage in a subscription box was the best thing that could have happened to me. This decorative bird cage is made of golden metal and comes with the fairy lights shown in the picture. It is a perfect addition to a Diwali box because Diwali is the festival of lights. The quality of this cage is very good and it seems like an expensive piece. This item can add to the aesthetic beauty of any room and I really can’t stop raving about it!
2. Chandbali Earrings – I don’t know how the lovely folks at Mauvelush did it but they managed to send me everything on my wishlist for the coming festivals. I was feeling the lack of a traditional pair of earrings that could go with any ethnic outfit and voila, I received these stunning Chandbali Earrings in the box. These earrings too seem to be of excellent quality. All the beads and pearls are in place and there is no sign of rusting or chipped polish. They are similar in quality to something you will buy from a branded store and will suit any traditional outfit you have picked for the festive season.
3. Rostaa Cranberries – No Indian festival can be complete without something sweet, so how about a healthy alternative for this Diwali? The Rostaa Cranberries will add a sweetness to your celebrations without adding pounds to your weight. In the Mauvelush box, you will get a 75gm pack of Rostaa Cranberries which is priced at INR 120. These are perfect for snacking on, in between or after your meals, and can also be added to cereals or yogurt for a healthy breakfast.
4. Mond’Sub Sheet Masks – The box also contains two Mond’Sub Sheet Masks, one from their Gold Facial Collagen Mask series (INR 250) and the other from their Collagen Silk Mask Series (INR 200). I have reviewed both these masks previously on the blog but basically, they are extremely nourishing and hydrating and will definitely make your skin glow this Diwali. You can also use them on your tired skin the morning after the festivities.
5. Black Kimono With White Lace Detail – Kimono shrugs are so in trend and add a casual chic flair to any boring outfit. This black Kimono with a beautiful white lace at the sleeves and the hemline can be thrown on top of a black tank top and jeans to look super stylish and put together. It is also an excellent item for layering, with the cold season fast approaching. I got the size small to medium which is slightly loose for my petite frame but since it is supposed to be oversized anyway, I can definitely make it work. The fabric and the quality of the lace are outstanding and I could not find a defect in either.
Although the prices of some of the items are not mentioned, I feel that for the current price of INR 1999 for 1 month’s subscription, you will be getting a great deal. Also, the first 15 subscribers can avail an extra 10% off with the coupon code MAUVE10. There are no additional shipping charges as well, so with the coupon code, this box can be yours for INR 1799 only. Overall, the Mauvelush October – Diwali Edition has exceeded my expectations both in terms of packaging as well as the actual products and I feel that it deserves the title of a luxury box. This box is available for booking till 7th October so head over to www.mauvelush.com today to avail the early bird discount. You can also follow @mauvelush on Instagram and Facebook for all the latest updates regarding discounts and upcoming boxes.
Personally, I am already super excited for the next box and hope that the future boxes continue to amaze me like this one 🙂
P.S. – If you enjoyed this blog post then please click this link and leave a comment on the nomination page to help me win the Indian Bloggers Award!
Disclaimer – Box was sent to me by the brand but all opinions are honest and my own.
If you follow me on Instagram you may have already seen my posts about the products offered by the August edition of ZoBag Mini. I have finally tested out all the items enough to provide you a detailed review. Before we proceed with the review, let me tell you that the ZoBag Mini is priced at INR 350 and contains 5 full-sized products with a total value of INR 1000. The price of ZoBag has unfortunately increased this month due to GST, but it still continues to be one of the most affordable beauty bags in India that offers some great products. The theme of this month’s ZoBag is Monsoon Care, so let us see what ZoBag offers to keep you glowing and beautiful this rainy season.
1. Fuschia Crystal Rose Foot Soak – One of the most abused parts of our body during the monsoon months are our feet that are exposed to the murk and moisture of the streets. The Fuschia Crystal Rose Foot Soak offers a pampering session for the feet with the goodness of rose petals and rose oil that reduces any irritation or itchiness and soothes the skin. It also contains sea salt that reduces water retention. I love the heavenly scent of roses that this pink powder emanates. It dissolves easily in the water to create a foot soak that leaves the feet looking smoother and softer. This foot soak softened the dead skin of my feet which I could then easily scrub off. It is a perfect product for an at-home pedicure. Price – INR 250
2. Fuschia Peppermint Pedicure Nourishing Foot Cream – Continuing with the theme of pampering the feet, the bag also contains the Fuschia Peppermint Pedicure Nourishing Foot Cream. This cream has a soothing scent and gets absorbed by the skin really quickly. It is hydrating without being greasy and creates a slight cooling sensation on the skin. It contains shea butter that softens the feet and heals the cracks and dry patches. A perfect ending to a wonderful pedicure indeed! Price – INR 250
3. Mond’sub Bio-Gold Collagen Eye Mask – Rainy weather or not, our sleep deprived eyes can always do with some pampering. The Mond’sub Bio-Gold Collagen Eye Mask offers some much-needed nourishment to the under eye area as well as the eyelids. Its cooling action is a boon for tired eyes and the serum that it is drenched in instantly tightens the delicate skin around the eyes. I also love that the mask fits really well around the eyes and stays in place for the 15 minutes that you are supposed to keep it on. Although I have used this only once, I am sure that with regular usage, this eye mask will help reduce wrinkles too. A must have in my opinion! Price – INR 100
4. Mond’sub Pure Rejuvenating & Renewing Beauty Facial Mask – If you have dry or dehydrated skin then the Mond’sub Pure Rejuvenating & Renewing Mask will provide a refreshing drink to your face. This sheet mask comes soaked in a cooling serum that moisturizes the skin and softens it at the same time. After 20 minutes of keeping on this mask, the skin becomes supple and more radiant. I feel that this particular sheet mask is best suited for dry skinned people but it is not too heavy for oily skin as well. Price – INR 250
5. Blue Heaven Artisto Velvet Matte Lip Crayon Cocoa Mania – The ZoBag Mini also contains a Blue Heaven Artisto Velvet Matte Lip Crayon and they give you a choice to select one out of four shades. I went with the shade Cocoa Mania, which is a warm, rusty brown that will suit most Indian skin tones. I was pleasantly surprised by the formula of this lip crayon. The pigmentation is not too intense but 2-3 swipes give an opaque finish. The formula is not transfer-proof but does stay on the lips for 4-5 hours unless you eat something, and is quite comfortable and velvety. For a super affordable price of INR 150, this matte lip crayon definitely exceeds expectations and I am totally in love with this color (will post the lip swatches in a separate post). Price – INR 150
Overall, the August ZoBag Mini contains a great collection of products and the inclusion of a makeup item made me love the bag even more. None of the products disappointed me and each item is something that I will actually use. The bag also looks bright and colorful but its quality could be a little better, however, for INR 350 I am not complaining at all! If you are looking for a beauty subscription bag that is excellent value for money then I will highly recommend ZoBag Mini. Grab yours now by clicking on this link while the stocks last!
P.S. – If you enjoyed this blog post then please click this link and leave a comment on the nomination page to help me win the Indian Bloggers Award!
I never knew that sheet masks could be so addictive until I received a lovely package from Mond’Sub which contained two of their amazing sheet masks for me to review. I have already reviewed the Mond’Sub Anti-Wrinkle and Moisturizing Facial Mask in a previous blog post, so today I will be talking about the Mond’Sub Gold Facial Mask from their Crystal Collagen Mask Series.
This facial mask differs from the usual sheet masks because instead of being a thin sheet, it is a thicker, jelly-like sheet of gold. It comes drenched in a mildly scented serum that claims to rehydrate and brighten the skin and also to accelerate the cell renewal process. Other benefits of the mask as stated by the brand include tightening and lifting of the skin along with the reduction of wrinkles. Although the packaging states that first time users should use these masks on three consecutive days for best results, I had just one with me so decided to make do with it. As soon as I placed it on my skin, my face felt relaxed and the serum provided some cooling action as well. I left the mask on for around 30 minutes and when I removed it, my skin looked visibly brighter! The mask also lived up to its claims of tightening the skin and it felt more supple and youthful to touch.
If I could change just one thing about this product, I would make the eyeholes a little bit bigger but I do not have any other cons to state about this facial mask. I will definitely be purchasing some more in the future to reap the full benefits of the product. I am extremely grateful to Mond’Sub for sending me this lovely mask to review and for introducing me to the wonderful world of sheet masks!
Sheet masks have taken the world of skincare by a storm and I must admit that I am late to the party. I have been meaning to try these out since a long time but somehow never got around to it. Imagine my sheer joy when Mond’Sub kindly sent me two of their much-loved sheet masks to review. Even before I knew it, I was ripping open the packaging of the Mond’Sub Anti-Wrinkle & Moisturizing Facial Mask from their Collagen Silk Mask Series. Here are my views on this lovely product that transformed my skin within a few minutes.
This mask is primarily meant for mature or prematurely aging skin and promises to fight wrinkles while moisturizing and brightening the skin. Although I do not have wrinkles yet, my skin was feeling a bit tired and dry the day I tried out this sheet mask. As soon as I opened up the packaging, a clear serum oozed out, this is the nourishing fluid which the mask is soaked in. Be a little careful while removing the mask from the packaging to prevent the liquid from leaking. Once the mask is out, just peel off the transparent film and place it on your face with the blue side on the top. Now peel off the blue layer and let the mask sit on your face for around 15 minutes. The packaging contains the list of ingredients and instructions for use on the back so all the information that you need has been provided by the brand.
As soon as I placed the sheet mask on my skin, I felt a cooling sensation spread throughout the surface of my face. I believe that this cooling property helps to reduce irritation and redness and calms down the skin. Once the mask is in place, you just need to sit back and relax for some time. The mask adhered well to the skin, although it was slightly big for my face. Once I managed to get the eye holes in the right place, it was quite comfortable to wear and I could go about my work while it pampered my skin.
At the risk of looking completely ridiculous, here is a picture of me with the mask on. Now that you have had a good laugh (:P), it is time for my final verdict on the product. Once I removed the mask, there was some residual serum left on my skin which I massaged in and then rinsed my face with water. I could immediately notice that my skin was firmer and more supple than before, which means that this sheet mask will definitely be great at reducing wrinkles. It provides the right amount of hydration without making the skin oily and is pretty gentle on the skin too. Priced at INR 200, the Mond’Sub Anti-Wrinkle & Moisturizing Facial Mask is the perfect quick boost for dull, tired, and aging skin. It is available at a discounted rate on various online stores, and you can purchase it from Nykaa at INR 129 only.
If you wish to explore the world of sheet masks then Mond’Sub has an excellent range and I will soon be reviewing their Gold Facial Mask as well. Meanwhile, you can catch the latest updates from the brand on their Instagram page – @mondsubindia
I hope that you enjoy this sheet mask as much as I did, stay tuned for more reviews!