I have been consuming dietary supplements, particularly multi-vitamins, on and off throughout my adult life to compensate for the deficiency of the same in my food. When I recently coloured my hair, I decided to start consuming hair vitamins on a daily basis to make up for some of the damage caused by the chemicals my hair has been subjected to. This time around, I picked up The Blessing Tree Hair, Skin & Nails Dietary Supplements and have been consuming them regularly for almost 2 months now. Read on to find out how this product has helped me in multiple ways.
You guys know that I would never recommend a product that I haven’t tried, whether it is one that needs to be applied on the skin or ingested. The Nature Sure Somni Natural Sleep Aid is a herbal pill that aids with inducing sleep and relieving stress, quite like the sleep inducing herbal teas in the market. Both me and the husband have been testing out this pill over the past few weeks and here is a summary of our experience with this product. Read on to find out whether this sleep aid actually works or not.
Online shopping is a boon for us ladies because it has made the latest fashion trends accessible to us from the comfort of our couches! I am definitely someone who detests standing in long queues outside the trial rooms of offline stores and rummaging the entire mall for that one perfect dress. This is why I am always excited to discover new online shopping platforms that make browsing through hundreds of styles a matter of minutes. Berrylook.com is one such website where you can find trendy and versatile womens clothing online, without having to break the bank. Here are some of my top picks from the website, which are currently on my wishlist.
Have you ever scoured the internet for a gift that seems custom made for a book lover? T-shirts that speak of their favourite books or accessories that make the experience of reading or writing even more enjoyable? If so then literarybookgifts.com is a blessing for you because they provide gifts that will speak to every writer and avid reader out there. The brand kindly sent me their Cashmere Writing Gloves to review, and here are my thoughts on these beauties that arrived at the perfect time – right when the cool monsoon winds engulfed my town.
We are all very conscious about what we put on your face but we should be equally conscious about what we use in our homes. Our skin comes in contact with a number of cleaning products throughout the day, and if we do not pay heed, these could contain a number of harsh chemicals. Also, with so many pests and insects appearing around the house and the rise in the number of diseases they carry around, it is great to have herbal solutions to keep them at bay instead of chemical fumes that we end up inhaling too. Herbal Strategi is a brand that addresses these very concerns with their wide range of household products ranging from insect sprays to dish washing soap and everything in between. I recently got an opportunity to try out a number of their products and here is what I think about them.
Continuing the series on feminine hygiene, today I will be reviewing the Everteen Natural Intimate Wash. An intimate wash is a must have for all women, but it is especially useful for those who suffer from frequent vaginal discharge or infection. Here is why the Everteen Natural Intimate Wash is better than regular soap for your intimate areas.
We usually pay a lot of attention to our external appearance, makeup, and skincare but often forget to focus enough on feminine hygiene. Luckily, feminine hygiene products have made an entry in the Indian market, and Everteen is one such brand that provides these products at extremely affordable prices. Today I will be talking about the Everteen Daily Panty Liners and how they can elevate your personal hygiene to the next level.
For the first time in the history of this blog, I am reviewing a cleaning product on Lipstick For Lunch. Yes, I know that many of you might not be interested in this at all, and no, this is not a sponsored post, but I do know that if you are someone who is struggling with Diwali cleaning at the moment then you will thank me for this. Today I am going to be talking about The Pink Stuff, which is indeed a Miracle Cleaning Paste. Famous YouTuber Louise Pentland brought my attention to this product, and here is why this jar of pink goodness will change your life!
Even though this product looks like a face mask, The Pink Stuff is, in fact, an abrasive paste that can help remove tough stains in a jiffy. You can head over to their website for a detailed data sheet to figure out whether you can use it on a particular surface or not, but I have primarily used it on metal utensils and fittings, and this product truly removes everything from burnt stains on saucepans to rust marks on taps with minimal effort. You need to rub the tiniest amount of the product on the stain with a soft cloth and then wipe it clean within a few minutes to find the surface looking as bright as new!
Even though the claims sound too good to be true, trust me, I have removed the most stubborn of stains with this product and couldn’t believe my own eyes. The product doesn’t have a strong scent and it did not irritate my skin, but I will recommend you to go through the ingredient list to make sure that it is safe for you to use and also, do test it on a small patch of any surface you want to clean with this stuff because it is definitely potent.
The best part is that a huge 500g jar of the product is available on Amazon India for INR 229 only! Trust me this product is a steal for the price. If you are in the mood for some deep cleaning this Diwali then you need to have this product in your kitty!
Since the past few years, I have been suffering from frequent allergies, which are extremely annoying and often render me useless for a couple of days. In order to reduce the allergens and humidity in my house, I have tried a number of solutions and products, and today I will be talking about one such product that has actually helped resolve my allergy issues to a large extent. This amazing product is the Dr. Charcoal Non-Electric Air Purifier. Read on to find out more about this product.
Dr. Charcoal Non-Electric Air Purifier is basically an activated charcoal based product that absorbs allergens, humidity, odours, and pollutants. It comes in small sacklike pouches with the activated charcoal filled inside them. These pouches are available in 3 sizes – Small (75 Grams), Medium (200 Grams), and Large (500 Grams). I had purchased the large pouch several months back and the brand kindly sent me a medium-sized pouch recently. You can choose from among the three sizes based on the size of the space where you want to use the product. These pouches can be placed in the fridge, shoe cabinets, different rooms of the house, wardrobes etc. The product is completely non-toxic and simply works on the natural adsorption properties of activated charcoal. Instead of just masking bad odours with the means of chemicals, like most room fresheners do, this product actually absorbs the odors and eliminates pollutants and allergens. This is something that I can vouch for because the frequency of my allergies has gone down drastically ever since I started using this product.
Priced between INR 299 to INR 799, these non-electric air purifiers are definitely a good investment because they last for up to a year and can be reactivated by placing in the sun periodically. If you are someone who suffers from an allergy, or your home always has a damp smell to it, or you have a little baby at home who needs to be protected from pollutants, then the Dr. Charcoal Air Purifiers are a must buy for you. Basically, this product is a must buy for everyone and I highly recommend it!
The festive season is upon us, and while we have bid adieu to our beloved Ganpati, we are already gearing up for Durga Pooja! While we spend hours and hours cleaning up the house, shopping for pooja necessities and making our favourite sweets, we often forget to prepare our minds and bodies for the hectic festivities. Here are a few tips to take care of the things that are often overlooked during the pomp and fervour of Pujo and Diwali.
1. Haircare – Chances are that you will not be able to squeeze in some spa time once the festivities begin. Now that you have some breathing space, get a relaxing hair spa and even a haircut if you need one. This will make styling your hair so much easier for all the special days.
2. Skincare – Festivals mean oily food and heavy makeup, which can take a toll on the skin. Boost your skincare game well in advance by adding sheet masks and chemical exfoliants to give your skin the festive glow. You should also stock up on some charcoal face masks to deep cleanse your skin after the celebrations.
3. Food – No matter how tempted you might be to crash diet right before slipping into that stunning saree for Diwali, there are better ways of getting a flat tummy. Make it a habit to drink tonnes of water daily, eat fresh fruit instead of juices, and sip on a cup of green tea after a heavy meal to keep your metabolism running. Try to indulge in moderation and stick to healthy foods for as many meals as possible. This will ensure that you feel energetic and your skin doesn’t lose its radiance throughout the celebrations.
4. Outfits – Now is the right time to pull out, purchase and plan all your outfits for the events ahead. Get everything stitched and altered now, before your tailor dada starts quoting insane charges and has a huge pile of orders drowning him. Also, try out everything and plan the accessories for each outfit well in advance so that you can just grab them and get ready when the festive chaos ensues.
These are some of the ways in which I make my festivals hasslefree. How are your preparations going and do you have any special tips to make the festive season more fun? Let me know in the comments below!
Despite the world becoming more and more tech-savvy with every passing minute, so much so that even toddlers have their own iPads these days, many of us are still wary of online shopping. Being suspicious of these websites is justified too, many of them are in fact fraudulent, and deliver products of poor quality or often do not deliver anything at all in return for your hard-earned money. For a person like me, however, online shopping is a blessing, because running from store to store is too time-consuming and tiring for me. Here are some of the websites that I fall back on every time I have the urge to spend some money, and they usually do not disappoint.
1. Ajio.com – My go-to online destination for all my fashion needs – from jeans to footwear and amazing ethnic wear too. Ajio’s own designs are some of the most unique I have seen on the internet and their curation of clothes from other brands is also top-notch. If you are tired of seeing the same designs on every online shopping portal then ajio.com is the breath of fresh air that you need. They deliver to my location within 2 days and have a very easy breezy return policy too.
2. Amazon Prime – If it is basic stuff that you need, be it household supplies or shampoo, Amazon is my pick for you. Go for an Amazon Prime membership if you are a frequent online shopper, the free shipping and the next day delivery is totally worth it. Stick to sellers with a high rating and try to opt only for the items from the prime category and you will be sorted.
3. Nykaa.com – While I have heard many people complain that Nykaa delivers expired or fake products and has horrible customer service, I have personally never faced any such issues with them. I love Nykaa because they have the hugest collection of makeup and skincare items on one website in India and exclusively sell many international brands. If you have been away from Nykaa due to all the negative reviews you have heard about them, give them one shot and then decide for yourself because my experience has been pretty good.
So these were my go-to websites for when I am feeling spendy. Do let me know what your favourite websites are for online shopping and also let me know what your experience has been with my favourites. Keeping it short because I am sure that you want to indulge in some retail therapy now 😛 Toodles!
P.S. – Special mention to Shein.in, which is my recent favourite for affordable western wear and cutesie night clothes.
A few years back, I was going through a bad phase healthwise and this horrible cough and stuffy feeling in the nose would never go away. After multiple visits to the doctor, it was confirmed that I had some kind of an allergy to the spores in the air. The only thing that helped with the discomfort and the never-ceasing cold was vitamin C. Ever since then, I am a huge fan of anything that is a natural source of Vitamin C, which is why when Seer Secrets sent me their Sabdariffa Tisane Herbal Tea, a floral source of Vitamin C, I jumped with joy. Read on to find out more about this delightful product.
The tea is basically the pure and dried extracts of the Sabdariffa Hibiscus flower, which is a powerhouse of Vitamin C. It helps provide comfort from allergies, asthma, indigestion, nausea, and is also supposed to lower the blood pressure. To prepare the tea, you are supposed to drop one flower into a mug, pour some hot water and let it brew for a few minutes before consuming. Within a few minutes, the tea turns the water a beautiful shade of reddish brown and begins to release a sour scent. Tastewise too, the tea is quite sour, similar to sour candy, and I actually enjoy this “Khatta Meetha” taste. When you have a sore throat, this warm, sour beverage is extremely comforting.
20 gms of this tea is priced at INR 495, which may seem steep, but the luxurious glass bottle that it comes in is reusable and the tea itself is of excellent quality. The proof of this tea lies in its natural sour taste which is evidence enough of its high vitamin C content. I will definitely be stocking up on this tea because of my allergies and would encourage all of you to give this lovely immunity booster a try. The yummy taste of sour candy with the goodness of vitamin C is the perfect combination in a cup indeed!