We usually pay a lot of attention to our external appearance, makeup, and skincare but often forget to focus enough on feminine hygiene. Luckily, feminine hygiene products have made an entry in the Indian market, and Everteen is one such brand that provides these products at extremely affordable prices. Today I will be talking about the Everteen Daily Panty Liners and how they can elevate your personal hygiene to the next level.
A few years back, I was going through a bad phase healthwise and this horrible cough and stuffy feeling in the nose would never go away. After multiple visits to the doctor, it was confirmed that I had some kind of an allergy to the spores in the air. The only thing that helped with the discomfort and the never-ceasing cold was vitamin C. Ever since then, I am a huge fan of anything that is a natural source of Vitamin C, which is why when Seer Secrets sent me their Sabdariffa Tisane Herbal Tea, a floral source of Vitamin C, I jumped with joy. Read on to find out more about this delightful product.
The tea is basically the pure and dried extracts of the Sabdariffa Hibiscus flower, which is a powerhouse of Vitamin C. It helps provide comfort from allergies, asthma, indigestion, nausea, and is also supposed to lower the blood pressure. To prepare the tea, you are supposed to drop one flower into a mug, pour some hot water and let it brew for a few minutes before consuming. Within a few minutes, the tea turns the water a beautiful shade of reddish brown and begins to release a sour scent. Tastewise too, the tea is quite sour, similar to sour candy, and I actually enjoy this “Khatta Meetha” taste. When you have a sore throat, this warm, sour beverage is extremely comforting.
20 gms of this tea is priced at INR 495, which may seem steep, but the luxurious glass bottle that it comes in is reusable and the tea itself is of excellent quality. The proof of this tea lies in its natural sour taste which is evidence enough of its high vitamin C content. I will definitely be stocking up on this tea because of my allergies and would encourage all of you to give this lovely immunity booster a try. The yummy taste of sour candy with the goodness of vitamin C is the perfect combination in a cup indeed!
So I recently received a bunch of goodies from LB Industries and today I will take you through all of them. LB Industries has been an established name in the timber industry and has recently ventured into the consumer goods market with its range of health and wellness products. So here is a breakdown of all the goodies that I received.
1. O Toilet Seat Sanitizer – Toilet sanitizers are an absolute travel essential, especially for women. The O Toilet Seat Sanitizer kills germs on toilet seats, bathroom handles etc within 10 seconds, making it a saviour for those who have to use public washrooms frequently. Also, it has a refreshing tea tree oil scent that I adore. This one is definitely going into my handbag. Priced at INR 110 for a 40 ml bottle.
2. Breathe Herbal Breath Freshener – Mouth freshening sprays have been in the market since quite some time but the Breathe Herbal Breath Freshener is unique because it is sugar and propellant-free and contains herbal ingredients such as peppermint oil, cinnamon oil, and cardamom oil. It tastes like a herbal toothpaste and does an excellent job at refreshing the breath. I received this in the peppermint and meswak variants, and I love them both. Priced at INR 90 for a 15gm spray bottle.
3. O Hand Sanitizer – The O Hand Sanitizer really impressed me because this product does not dry out my hands like most of the other sanitizers that I have used in the past. It smells like a regular alcohol-based sanitizer but leaves the hands quite soft, which is great for someone like me who uses a hand sanitizer multiple times a day. Priced at INR 100 for 50 single use sachets.
4. Ray Stevia Extract – The Ray Stevia Extract contains 99.8% percent pure Stevia, a natural sweetener that contains almost zero calories per teaspoon. I haven’t used Stevia in the past but have heard many diet conscious people rave about it. Of course, it is best to consult a physician before introducing something new in your diet, particularly if you are pregnant or suffering from ailments/allergies. Priced at INR 210 for 40 1gm sachets.
5. Ray Cooking Spray – Cooking sprays are a low cal alternative to regular cooking oil because they provide the grease required for cooking with a smaller quantity of oil. One spray of the Ray Cooking Spray contains only 2 calories, making it an excellent choice for when you are preparing cutlets or similar fried snacks. Priced at INR 250 for a 200ml can.
So these were all the things that I got as a part of my LB Industries haul. You can purchase all these products from Amazon (all items linked above individually), and can follow @otoiletseatsanitizer on Instagram for more updates from the brand. Happy shopping!
Disclaimer – Samples sent by the brand, but all opinions are honest and my own.
I LOVE popcorn – not only while watching movies but also for mid-meal snacking when the hunger pangs strike. However, lazy me does not prefer to pop her own kernels, which is where the delicious popcorns from Kadakslap come into the picture. The brand provides a plethora of flavours that add a slap of deliciousness to your day with their crunchy, light-weight, and healthy popcorn.
From the classic Butter and Cheese flavours to the more unique variants such as Sour Cream and Salty Sweet, each flavour of the Kadakslap popcorns offers something new to the palate and provides a healthy alternative to the deep fried and fat-laden snacks such as chips and nachos. Only the best non-GMO kernels from the United States are used by the brand and each packet of popcorn is free of gluten, MSG, artificial colour, and cholesterol, and has a high fibre content too. I also love the colourful, comic book themed packaging of the product which is quite a refreshing change from the standard packaging of snacks in India.
Not just the variety of flavours, but also the extremely affordable price of these crunchy, buttery snacks makes a bag of Kadakslap popcorn the best option for those who love to munch while they work or laze about. One packet will cost you between INR 5-20 and will leave your tongue and tummy completely satisfied – like we say in Hindi, these munchies are total Paisa Vasool 🙂 They also have tins of gourmet chocolate and caramel popcorn (INR 100 each) for the connoisseurs of the snack, for whom the regular flavours just won’t do.
Overall, the Kadakslap popcorns check all the right boxes for me by being inexpensive, delicious and healthy. They are a must try for every popcorn lover out there and even if you are not the biggest fan of popcorn, try these once and you may actually be converted into one! Meanwhile, if you spot me somewhere with a bag of these munchies, you can drool all you want or can buy your own pack because I am not sharing my Kadakslap popcorn with anyone 😛
Disclaimer: Products sent by the brand but all opinions are honest and my own.
If you are in the market for a new hand sanitizer then I will recommend trying out the Himalaya Pure Hands Hand Sanitizers. These sanitizers do not smell medicinal, they have the scent of alcohol when first applied but it dies down really quickly, leaving behind a delicious fruity scent that lingers for hours. My personal favourite is the strawberry scent because it smells just like the strawberry body mist from The Body Shop. The orange one smells fresh and citrusy and I love it too.
The best part about these sanitizers apart from their sweet scent is that they are not overly drying on the skin, which is something very important for someone like me who uses a sanitizer multiple times a day. Also, they are fairly inexpensive and can be found at most drugstores in India. So if you love sweet, fruity scents then give these a shot, I am sure you will not regret it!
There is a new Mom in town! And while this Mom can’t replace my doting mum back home, she definitely keeps me well fed while I am busy adulting, with no time respond to my tummy’s rumblings. This Mom is none other than the set of ready to eat meals from Meal Of The Moment – traditional Indian meals that you just need to add boiling water to before consuming. Their range of preservative-free and home-like meals include breakfast, lunch, and dessert items and the best part is that they do taste quite similar to a home-cooked meal.
The brand kindly sent me four of their meals to try – their Poha, Veg Biryani, Seviyan Kheer, and Kesari Halwa. I found all the meals extremely flavourful and yummy, although the Veg Biryani was a tiny bit salty for me. What I also love is the fact that the desserts come with a separate packet of sugar so that you can add as much or as little as you like. It is quite rare for a ready to eat meals brand to pay so much attention to the nutrition and health aspects of their products, most brands just roll with their ingredient list and do not care that their customers can’t control how much sugar to put in their food.
The USP of these meals is that while you can prepare them in a jiffy by simply adding boiling water or popping them in the microwave, they are way more healthy than most alternatives for instant meals available in the Indian market at the moment. Not only are these meals better than the bag of chips or box of cookies that you may reach for while stress eating, they are also more nutritious than the various brands of instant noodles and nutrition bars that are loaded with preservatives and other unhealthy ingredients.
Overall, each of these boxes of goodness will strike a chord in the hearts of everyone who is staying away from home and missing home-cooked meals that have a personal touch to them. They are also excellent for the busy moms and wives who need a break from cooking once in a while. As an added bonus, they are very affordable too, and one serving costs around INR 40 – 60. So the next time you want the comfort of mom’s food but cannot fly back to her, try out the next best thing – Meal of the Moment (MOM).
Meal of the Moment is currently available on Amazon, Big Basket, and Star Bazaar and is also available above the clouds, in top airlines such as Indigo and Go Air. Click here to buy Meal of the Moment from Amazon.
Disclaimer – Products sent by the brand but all opinions are honest and my own.
Subscription boxes are all the rage these days and while some of them offer you luxury goods that you will never buy for yourself in the form of a goodie box, others are way more utilitarian and perfect for the busy woman. What could be more practical and useful for a woman than a box of menstrual hygiene supplies delivered to her doorstep every month? Every woman will agree that thanks to our fast-paced lives, we often forget about that time of the month being around the corner and are caught unprepared without any supplies at home. The Nua sanitary pads subscription box is something that can help you avoid such emergency situations altogether. I recently received a box from Nua as a giveaway price and here are my thoughts on it.
The box contains pads for heavy, medium, and light flow respectively and you can customize your box according to your needs. A box of 15 pads is priced at INR 249 for a month and the price goes down further if you choose to pick 2 or 3 packs at once. You can also choose the frequency of the delivery of the boxes as once every month, once every two months, or once every three months. Basically, you can customize this subscription entirely as per your requirements to be never caught unprepared for your period ever again. The details of all these customizations are better explained on the Nua website, so do check it out for more info.
Coming to the quality of the pads, they are thin, comfortable to wear and slightly scented to keep any odor at bay. Despite being thin, they absorb really well and are quite long wearing. They have well-positioned wings that keep them in place all day long and they do not cause any rash or irritation even if you keep them on for more than a few hours. The pads for heavy flow can really soak up a lot and even the pads for medium flow are good enough to be comparable to the overnight pads from other brands. I also love the discreet packaging of the pads – each of them comes in an individual envelope that is quite different from anything I have ever seen in India, which makes it slightly less obvious that you are carrying around a pad.
Overall, I have nothing negative to say about this subscription service. It may cost you a little more than your standard pads but completely eliminates the hassle of keeping track of your period and heading out to buy pads every month. So if you are someone who is super busy and hates running this monthly errand then I highly recommend that you give this subscription service a shot!
In India, a cup of tea is usually incomplete without something to munch on. Whether you are enjoying your cuppa at home or are visiting someone, you will be presented with an array of snacks such as biscuits and namkeens, to go with the beverage. Indeed, snacking is a part of our culture and whenever someone arrives at our doorstep at an odd hour, we rely on our trusty containers of goodies to entertain them. Unfortunately though, most of these snacks, be it cookies, or dalmoth, or aloo bhujiya, are quite high in terms of fat content and the sweet treats are extremely sugary. This is why, around every festival, we see our waistlines expanding while we gorge on yet another samosa or Jalebi at tea-time. There are healthier snacks available in the market these days, but they are pretty hard to find and suffer from the lack of flavors that satisfy the Indian palate. This is why the snack boxes offered by SnackExperts are a welcome sight.
SnackExperts is a new venture that aims to make nutritious yet delicious snacks readily available to the entire country. Their snack boxes come with a selection of 5 snacks, which you can handpick from their vast collection, and are delivered right to your doorstep. Although these snacks resemble the traditional Indian snacks in terms of taste and texture, they use better ingredients and lesser sugar and oil. Also, they come in individual zip-lock packets that you can carry along with you to work or to wherever your adventures take you. Now you have no excuse not to eat healthily!
The team at SnackExperts kindly sent me a few of their snacks to sample some days back and here are my thoughts on these delicious goodies.
1. Triberry Medley – The Triberry Medley is a yummy trio of black currants, dried strawberries and dried cranberries that helps boost the energy with the help of natural sugars while satisfying the sweet tooth. A handful of these delicious berries can be added to cereal or yogurt for a yummy breakfast or snack. You can also have these on their own as a mid-meal snack to stay energized throughout the day.
2. Barnyard Crispies – Every household in India loves Sev, a crunchy deep fried snack made using Bengal Gram Flour or Besan. The Barnyard Crispies from SnackExperts are a healthy take on the traditional Sev because they are made using a combination of pulse flours and rice flour. Also, you can rest assured that the oil used for the preparation is fresh and hygienic, something that is always doubtful with the local brands.
3. Old Fashioned Nut Mix – Nuts do not need dollops of ghee and salt to taste delicious, they are yummy in their natural form. The Old Fashioned Nut Mix celebrates the natural flavors of almonds, walnuts, and peanuts along with a hint of spice added in the form of peppery cashew nuts. An excellent accompaniment with any beverage, this mix provides the goodness of vitamins and healthy fats that the nuts contain.
4. Original Seeds Flapjack – The classic Ghajak gets a modern avatar in the form of the Original Seeds Flapjack from SnackExperts. Oozing with the goodness of Jaggery, oats, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds, these flapjacks have a caramelly taste and are the perfect dessert to end any meal with. A healthier alternative to brownies or Indian sweet meats, these flapjacks are a delightful fusion of taste and health.
5. Honey Roasted Cashew – I love the rich flavors of cashew nuts and SnackExperts further enhances them with a hint of honey, chilli flakes, and yellow mustard seeds, with their honey roasted cashews. This is a delectable sweet and salty snack that will keep you full until your next meal. The fact that the cashews are roasted and not deep fried makes this bowl of goodness all the more appealing!
It must be obvious to you by now that I am head over heels in love with each of the scrumptious snacks sent to me by SnackExperts. If you are struggling to keep your diet in check due to unhealthy and tempting snacks or do not have the time to prepare or hunt for healthier variants then do order your customized snack box from Snackexperts.com today for guilt-free snacking that satisfies the taste buds too!
Disclaimer – PR samples sent by the brand but all opinions are my own.
Whenever I am not on the hunt for the perfect nude lipstick, I am busy searching for a healthy yet tasty snack to devour. I do not have the luxury to spend endless hours in the kitchen, which is why I prefer something that is ready to eat yet does not contain harmful preservatives. This is why Epigamia Yogurt, India’s first all-natural Greek yogurt, is the perfect snack to satisfy my sweet tooth while keeping the hunger pangs at bay.
This delicious Greek yogurt is thick and creamy and contains twice the amount of protein compared to regular dahi and flavored yogurts. What is more, it is made using natural ingredients, is low in fat, and contains zero preservatives. Basically, it is a snack that is super yummy while being good for the body and the waistline. I recently received a bunch of samples from the brand and the flavors they sent me were Blueberry, Wild Raspberry, Alphonso Mango, Natural, Strawberry, Honey Banana, Green Apple, Vanilla Bean, Strawberry with Chunky Granola, and Jalapeno Greek Yogurt with Barley Puffs. Yes, you read it right! Not only do they have a ton of sweet fruity flavors to satisfy the dessert cravings, they also have a spicy Jalapeno Greek Yogurt that works well as a savory dip.
You can eat these yogurts on their own or can add them to smoothies, dips, sandwich spreads or cereal. What is more, if you want something more filling than a cup of yogurt, you can opt for the snack packs which provide a crunchy topping that can be mixed with the yogurt. The topping comes packed in a separate container that retains its crunchiness. These toppings including crunchy granola for strawberry yogurt and barley puffs for jalapeno yogurt. A picture of the packaging is shown below!
All you need to do is rip open the packaging, mix in the contents with the yogurt and enjoy your delightful on the go snack!
I love the fact that fruity flavors have a natural sweetness to them and also contain tiny tit bits of the actual fruit. As for the Jalapeno yogurt, it packs a punch in terms of flavor and is a creamier and more delicious version of your standard raita, in my opinion. I love to dunk my fruits into these yogurts to convert my salads into more decadent treats, without piling up on the calories.
Each cup contains 90 gms of yogurt which provides around 100 calories and more than 6 gms of protein. It also helps in meeting the daily calcium requirements without chugging down huge quantities of milk. I feel that Epigamia Greek Yogurts are perfect for everyone, from the fussy eaters who want to include more nutritious items in their diet to the busy executives and housewives who do not find the time to prepare healthy food for themselves. These yummy Greek yogurts are available online on Grofers and BigBasket and they are also available at Nature’s Basket. You can find more details about the products and the stores on the Epigamia website. Do give the Epigamia Greek Yogurts one try and I am sure that you will never crave for any other flavored yogurt!
Disclaimer – PR samples sent by the brand but all opinions are my own.
My childhood was spent in a typical North Indian household where breakfast is synonymous with butter-laden parathas or steaming hot poori-aloo. Unfortunately, my metabolism is no longer as great as that of my 9-year-old self and in any case, I do not have the patience or time to make parathas for breakfast every morning. I do however need a healthy and filling breakfast to feel energetic all day long. These days, I usually switch between different kinds of cereals but on the days when I am not too inclined to have any milk, I opt for a nutrition bar instead. I also like a lot of variety in my food, which is why I recently purchased the Yoga Bar Variety Pack of 10 from Amazon and the fact that these bars are all gone already is enough evidence that they are tasty indeed!
Yoga Bar is a nutrition bar that is available in a bunch of different flavours, and the ones that came in my box were Vanilla Almond, Cardamom Coconut Chew, Cashew Orange Zest, Coffee Zing, Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chunk Nut and Nuts & Seeds Crunch. Other than the Cardamom Coconut Chew and the Cashew Orange Zest, the rest of the bars are quite crunchy and nutty while these two are softer and have a chewy texture. The nutty bars almost feel like a healthier version of Chikki so those who like Chikki but do not want to consume too many calories can opt for these instead. My personal favourite, however, is the Cashew Orange Zest because I am a sucker for anything orange flavoured.
Not only are these bars quite delicious, they are filling without being too heavy on the stomach. Also, each bar has approximately 150-180 calories, which is similar to a bar of chocolate but with way more nutrition. Yoga Bars are healthy snacks for when you feel peckish at work or are out and about with no time to stop for a bite. As a cherry on top of this healthy cake (:P), these bars do not contain any additives or preservatives and are made using natural ingredients such as whole grains and honey. I have attached a picture of the nutritional information below for the reference of those who are better versed in the field of diet and nutrition.
A box of 10 Yoga Bars is priced at INR 330, which means that the price of one bar is only INR 33; this makes Yoga Bars one of the rare Indian snacks that are affordable while being healthy. I personally find it very irritating that the fat-laden chips and cookies are so cheap in India while the nutritious snacks are hard to find and expensive too. It is great that the team at Yoga Bar have put in their efforts to come up with a snack that is healthy while being priced reasonably enough to be a practical choice for students and young professionals. If something nutritious tastes good and is pocket-friendly too then who wouldn’t want to dig their teeth into it? Yoga Bars qualify all my criteria for a mid-meal snack that can also double up as an instant breakfast. Do give these a shot if you like your food to satisfy you without showing up on the waistline.
I hope that this review was helpful. You can buy Yoga Bars from a bunch of different online stores but here is a link to purchase them on Amazon.
Does it ever happen to you that you wake up too late in the morning, with no time to prepare breakfast, and when you decide to grab a banana on your way out, you realize that the fruit basket is empty? An even worse scenario is when all the bananas are too black and mushy to throw into your handbag. We are all guilty of skipping meals from time to time and of chomping on a chocolate bar or cookie at work when the hunger catches up with us. More often than not, we fall back on junk food primarily when we are too busy to cook or when we need something that we can eat on the go. Luckily, now you have some healthy snacks that combine nutrition and taste and are perfect for devouring on the way to work! I am referring to the Eat Anytime Bars that allow you to satisfy the sweet tooth without feeling guilty 🙂
The brand kindly sent me a few of the Eat Anytime Bars to review and I was overjoyed to receive these delicious goodies in my mail. I received the Mango Ginger, Choco Peanut Butter, Butterscotch, and Orange flavors and what attracted me to these bars even before I dug into them was the colorful and quirky packaging. The Eat Anytime Bars are created using 100% natural ingredients and provide the goodness of fruits, nuts, and grains. Each of the bars contains approximately 150-200 calories, which makes them a perfect in-between-meals snack. The bars can also provide the much-needed boost of energy after a workout session or a long meeting at work. Pair one of these with a glass of milk and your breakfast is sorted! Their sturdy packaging makes them easy to store, so you can keep extras in your drawer at work and in your handbag, for those hunger emergencies. I like to display them in my fruit basket when I run out of fruit 😛
Coming to the taste of these bars, each one has a unique flavor and texture that will add some variety to your snacking sessions. The Choco Peanut Butter and Butterscotch bars are crunchy and nutty while the Mango Ginger and the Orange bars are fruity and more chewy. I liked all the 4 flavors but the fruity bars are my personal favorites because I love their gooey texture. These bars are filling without being too heavy and scrumptious without being too sweet, as an added bonus, they are very low on trans fats too. I couldn’t ask for more from a nutrition bar. I am pretty sure that all the chips and cookies in my pantry will soon be replaced by these yummy bars!
The Eat Anytime Bars are readily available on various online stores, and here is a link to purchase them from Amazon. You can also a take a look at the brand’s website to find out more about the range and about the conception of these delicious products. These nutrition bars are a great way to kick start your fitness journey and to fulfill those goals that you set for 2017. They will make you feel more energetic and awake throughout the day and will also help you to stay away from the sugary and deep-fried calorie bombs. So, dig into these bars and discover a healthier you, one tasty bite at a time! 🙂
Disclaimer – These products were sent to me as PR samples but all opinions are my own.
Travel sickness, motion sickness, whatever you may call it, it is a curse that takes away half the fun from wanderlust. If you have never experienced any kind of motion sickness whatsoever, whether on a Ferris wheel or on a drive up a hill, consider yourself extremely lucky. The rest of you, I feel your pain because I have suffered from many an arduous journey myself. Here are a few of the things I have learnt over the years about coping with travel sickness, hopefully, my fellow sufferers will find these tips useful too.
- Over The Counter Medication – If you suffer from extreme travel sickness then I would highly recommend asking a doctor for a prescription. Over the counter drugs work way better than natural remedies when the sickness gets out of hand. Make sure to go through the list of side effects and dosage instructions. If the medicine needs to be taken after a meal then make sure to eat before you take it, otherwise, it may have quite the opposite effect.
- Audio Books/ Music – No matter what you do, do not read a book or look at your cellphone during a long and winding journey. Sometimes, you may not even be comfortable talking to others when you have a queasy feeling in your stomach. Carry some good music or an audio book to keep you distracted and entertained. Do inform your co-travellers regarding your woes so that they don’t think you are being rude and help out if the need arises.
- Eat Some Chips – Believe it or not, if you have a long drive ahead, it may help to eat foods that absorb liquids, for example, potato chips or bread. Refrain from drinking too much water and definitely stay away from sodas, milkshakes and other dairy products. Pardon me for being gross, but the less slush in your tummy, the better. This will help in keeping your food down and will reduce the chances of you actually getting sick.
- Candies and Mints – If the lack of liquids makes you feel dehydrated then try sucking on some hard boiled sweets or mints to keep generating the saliva. If you have the stomach for it, then go for some candy with ginger extracts because the root is known to prevent sea sickness. You can go for lemon candy too, it is your day to forget your diet for a few hours and indulge in these unhealthy foods. At least there is some benefit of travel sickness!
- Always Carry A Bag – No matter how long the journey, always carry a bag to keep things under control. If you do not have a bag, you will worry throughout your journey about getting sick, and that is the last thing you should have on your mind. As hard as it may seem, think of something else, anything else. Sleeping helps some people but worsens the situation for others. Stay calm and breathe, this too shall pass!
These are the tips that have helped me the most in my struggle with travel sickness. Hopefully, you will find these helpful too. Remember, the more you travel, the more your body gets used to fighting travel sickness. So, make sure that the fear of travel sickness does not turn into the fear of travelling!