90’s kids, do you remember the khas grass that our parents used to attach to the walls of our air coolers in the summer months? That is what Vetiver grass is, and as unglamorous as it may sound, vetiver water carries a bunch of skincare benefits. A number of skincare brands in India have recently launched Vetiver Water face mists, and I recently got my hands on the Kamaakshi Botanicals Vetiver Water Face and Body Mist in a subscription box that reached my doorstep right before a heat wave engulfed my city. Here are my thoughts on this product after testing it out in 40+ degrees Celsius weather.
The ZoBox is the only subscription service that I have stuck to since it first started out, because I love the curation of products and honestly feel that they provide great value for money. This month’s ZoBox is a women special edition and provides 5 products that every woman would love, at a super affordable price of INR 499. Read on to find out what I received in this month’s box.
Face mists seem like a simple skincare product, it’s just water in a bottle right? Actually, no, not only can a good face mist hydrate the face, it can also shrink your pores and improve the overall health of your skin. Vaunt Skincare is a new skincare brand that emphasizes on clean and effective ingredients to restore the natural beauty of the skin. Here is how the Vaunt Watermelon and Seaweed Face Mist fared for me.
The Vaunt Watermelon and Seaweed Face Mist contains the freshness of watermelon, the anti-oxidant properties of seaweed and the healing properties of grape seed and witch hazel. It has a refreshing citrusy scent and provides an instant boost of hydration to the skin and wakes it up in the morning or at the end of a tiring day. It can be used for freshening up the skin as a face mist and can also be used as a toner to shrink the pores or as a makeup setting spray.
This product is extremely nourishing and gentle and will suit even those with sensitive skin. Another great thing about this product is its fantastic spray nozzle which provides a fine and even mist of product to the face. It makes using this face mist an absolute pleasure and my skin loves this as much as I do.
Overall, this product is helping my skin a lot in soldiering through the cold and dry weather by providing some much-needed moisture and glow to my face and its unclogging properties have helped in controlling my breakouts too. If you are in the market for a mild, refreshing, and effective face mist then you must pick up this gem from Vaunt Skincare. Priced at INR 575 for a 100ml bottle, it will be gentle on your pocket too!
Rose water is an integral part of my skincare routine. I use it as a toner when my skin is irritated or has active acne, and also as a refreshing mist throughout the day. I am currently using the Vya Naturals Rose Luxury Toner for this purpose, and today I will be reviewing this product for you.
The Vya Naturals Rose Luxury Toner is pure steam distilled rose water that contains no alcohol or additives. It comes in a plastic bottle with a spray nozzle and is available in packs of 50ml and 100ml. The nozzle provides a fine mist of rose water and the leakproof packaging is travel-friendly too.
Since this is pure rose water, it is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin. It provides a boost of freshness to the skin while soothing it and calming down any redness or irritation. Pure rose water also helps with maintaining the pH balance of the skin. It can be used for minimizing the pores, and also as a liquid base for face packs.
A 50ml bottle of the toner is priced at INR 225, which is fairly reasonable for pure steam distilled rose water. Rose water is one of the first skincare products that I ever used and the Vya Naturals Rose Luxury Toner brings back those nostalgic memories for me. This is one product that everybody should stock up on because you cannot go wrong with something so unadulterated and natural.
The Summer Gods are glaring down upon us and my skin keeps begging for something refreshing. Since I adore the Rose Water Face Mist from Greenberry Organics so much, I decided to try out their Fresh Cucumber Mint Toner to keep me cool in the heat. Read on to find out how I feel about this product.
This refreshing toner is a green mist with a refreshing mint scent (which I love but those with a sensitive nose may find a little bothersome). Upon spraying on the face, it has a cooling, tingly, minty sensation on the skin which lasts for at least 15 minutes. This product is an excellent toner that leaves my pores feeling tighter and it has also reduced the greasiness of my skin, thereby making it perfect for those with oily skin who are suffering in the heat and humidity of the Indian summer. Also, my skin has been behaving quite well with hardly any breakouts since I started using this product. While this is definitely a combined result of all the skincare products that I use, the oil controlling properties of this toner have definitely helped in preventing breakouts.
The formula contains a bunch of skin-loving ingredients such as Rose Water, Aloe Vera, Cucumber extracts and Witch Hazel extracts. The bottle is pretty sturdy, leak proof and travel-friendly while the spray comes out in the form of a fine mist that is perfect for the even coverage of the skin. This product claims to be a toner and makeup remover combined in one and while I wouldn’t use it on its own to remove my makeup, it definitely helps in getting rid of the residual makeup left on my skin after cleansing.
To sum it up, this toner is really good for those with open pores and acne-prone, oily skin. It will help to dry out existing breakouts and will control oil production to prevent future breakouts while being extremely cooling on the skin. The product is priced at INR 400 for a 100ml bottle but is usually available on Amazon at around INR 250, which is a great price for the quality and quantity of the toner. A great buy for the summers in my opinion!
Greenberry Organics is a skincare brand that I have absolute faith in. Their face masks have drastically improved the texture of my skin over the past few months and have reduced my acne too. This is why I was super excited when the brand sent me a few of their products to try out some days ago. Be prepared for an overdose of Greenberry Organics products for the next few days because I can’t stop raving about all the items they sent me! Today, I will be talking about their Pure Rose Water Face Mist and Toner.
You all must be aware of the antiseptic and antibacterial properties of rose water. I am sure that you also know that pure rose water helps in hydrating and soothing the skin and can be incorporated as a toner or a face mist in the daily skincare routine. So what is so unique about this particular rose water that makes it stand out from the rest? One whiff of this product and your question will be answered. As soon as you spritz this facial mist on your face, you will feel like you have been drenched by the concentrated nectar of a hundred roses. The luxurious and heavenly fragrance of crushed rose petals is evidence of the fact that this product is extremely pure and unadulterated. The reason why this toner has the concentrated goodness of rose petals is that this rose water has been extracted by the method of steam distillation. This means that fresh rose petals have been carefully distilled to create this product so as to retain all their benefits and natural juices. Most rose waters available in the market do not use this technique and instead simply mix rose oil with water. This is why other brands do not contain the fresh and saturated juices of the rose petals and are therefore not as beneficial for the skin.
The Greenberry Organics Pure Rose Water contains steam distilled pure and concentrated organic rose water and nothing else. With just one potent ingredient, this product is truly nature in a bottle. Not only does the scent of roses linger on the skin for hours, the skin feels hydrated throughout the day if you use this product before heading out. The spray nozzle releases a fine mist that evenly covers the face. You can spray this product on freshly cleansed skin or even over makeup to get rid of cakiness and to make your foundation look more natural and glowy. You can use it to freshen up your face throughout the day whenever your skin feels tired and can also use it as a toner after washing your face. I have also noticed that this rose water is slightly sticky in texture on the skin – this does not cause any discomfort and in fact, helps my makeup stay on longer if I use this mist prior to applying foundation on my skin. I think that this stickiness is due to the natural sweetness of rose extracts and helps seal the moisture in place as well.
This is honestly the best rose water I have tried till date and makes every other rose water I have previously used pale in comparison. This rose water is free of preservatives, alcohol, and colorants and is a cruelty free and vegan product. I feel that the attention the brand has paid to create a product that is as close to nature as possible is truly commendable. The price point of INR 575 for 100ml of product seems justified to me considering the quality of the rose water and the sturdiness of the packaging which is also reusable. However, Greenberry Organics products often go on sale on Amazon and you can grab this facial mist at an even more affordable price. Overall, I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the product, which is very rare for me. 5 stars to this facial mist and kudos to Greenberry Organics for creating yet another wonderful product.
I hope that this review was helpful. You can buy the Greenberry Organics Pure Rose Water from Amazon by clicking this link.
P.S. – If you enjoyed this blog post then please click this link and leave a comment on the nomination page to help me win the Indian Bloggers Award!
Disclaimer – PR sample sent by the brand but all opinions are honest and my own.
Hi guys! I am here today to add some positivity to a gloomy Monday with the much-awaited review of the June ZoBag. I know that it is already the second week of July but I received this bag towards the end of last month and wanted to thoroughly test the products before writing my verdict. For those of you who are not aware of ZoBag, it is a monthly subscription bag that provides 5 full-sized beauty/skincare products at an extremely affordable price of INR 499. The theme of the June ZoBag is Summer Retreat, and true to its name, it carries 5 skincare products that help reverse the signs of sun damage and offer a glowing, healthy skin in the harsh summer months. So without much ado, here is the detailed overview of the contents of the bag.
1. Biotique Bio Papaya Revitalizing Tan Removal Scrub – The first product that I will talk about today is the Biotique Bio Papaya Tan Removal Scrub. This wonderful scrub has a delicious, fruity fragrance and a thick creamy consistency with rough granules that are perfect for the removal of dead skin. This scrub is on the grittier side of the spectrum and may not be suitable for extremely sensitive skin, however, it works wonders on my skin and leaves it looking much brighter and buttery soft! Regular usage of this product visibly improves the texture of the skin making it more vibrant and smooth. Therefore, this is the perfect scrub for those who prefer a strong exfoliating action.
2. MCaffeine Sea Fern Sunscreen – When it comes to a summer retreat, one product that always comes to mind is a sunscreen, and the MCaffeine Sea Fern Sunscreen is an interesting new sunscreen lotion on the block. It combines the antioxidant properties of caffeine with the soothing touch of calendula and the nourishment of argan oil, to create a sunscreen lotion that can double up as a moisturizer. This product gets soaked into the skin really quickly and leaves behind a fresh scent. It contains SPF 30 which is ideal for daily use in the summer months. The only downside of this sunscreen is that it is not waterproof and needs to be reapplied every 2 hours and it also leaves behind a slight white cast. An honorable mention goes to the pump based packaging with a plastic lock that is extremely handy for preventing leakage while throwing this product into a suitcase.
3. Votre After Sun Mist – Votre is a skincare brand that I have trusted for a long time and therefore I was overjoyed to receive the Votre After Sun Mist in the June ZoBag. Facial mists are excellent at refreshing sunburnt skin throughout the day and this particular product has an amazing cooling action. It contains the extracts of Honeysuckle, Noni Fruit, Grapeseed, and Amla that moisturize and heal the skin to repair the damage caused by sunlight. The size and packaging of this face mist are perfect for the handbag and this is one product I never step out of the house without these days. One word of caution is that it does spray out quite a large amount of product in one go, so use a gentle hand and spray the product from a distance for even coverage of the face.
4. Krishkare Skin Repair Gel – Everyone is aware of the cooling and hydrating properties of aloe vera, which make it an essential part of a summer skincare routine. The Krishkare Skin Repair Gel combines aloe vera gel with cucumber extracts to create the perfect concoction for summer. This gel has a sweet, herbal scent and needs to massaged on the skin post-cleansing for maximum benefits. You need to apply it in a circular motion to the face and massage it in so that the ingredients get absorbed into the skin, then rinse off the excess to achieve visibly brighter and supple skin. This product comes with antioxidant and antibacterial properties that reduce acne while cooling sun damaged skin. However, it contains parabens in the list of ingredients which may not be preferred by some.
5. Krishkare Hydrate Sheet Mask – Last but not the least is a product without which any skincare subscription bag would be incomplete – a sheet mask! The June ZoBag contains the Krishkare Hydrate Sheet Mask which is paraben-free (Yay!) and contains coconut jelly and natural cellulose that help to hydrate the skin while making it more supple. This sheet mask has an instant cooling effect on the skin and also claims to get rid of a tan. I did not have a tan when I used the product so I cannot really vouch for the tan removal properties but this sheet mask definitely relaxed my skin and left it feeling energized and refreshed. The perfect way to pamper yourself after a hectic day in the summer sun!
Believe it or not, the June ZoBag contains products worth INR 1600 and you can make them yours at an extremely affordable price of INR 499! Additionally, the bag in itself has a pretty floral design and enough room to pack in a ton of beauty products! I am thoroughly satisfied with what I received and I genuinely feel that ZoBag is one of the best beauty subscription bags in India at the moment because it provides excellent value for money. Not one product is a dud or a filler product, which is what makes ZoBag stand apart from the rest. I am eagerly looking forward to this month’s bag and ZoBag has definitely found a loyal customer in me!
P.S. – You can check out more details about the June ZoBag by clicking on this link.