Diwali, the festival of lights and joy, is around the corner and a great way to spread the love and cheer this time of the year is to surprise your friends and family with meaningful gifts. A small token of your affection can go a long way in bringing smiles to the faces of your loved ones. If you are struggling to find the perfect Diwali presents then the gift sets from The Body Shop are here to rescue you. These carefully curated bundles can be wonderful Diwali giftsfor people of all ages and tastes. Here are some of my top picks from the massive range of gift sets that The Body Shop has come up with this year.
1. A Trio of Hand Creams for the Busy Professionals – This cute trio of hand creams is perfect for the busy professionals in your life who find no time to pamper themselves. These tubes of goodness can be thrown into the handbag to provide instant hydration to the hands while on the go. Not only do these hand creams provide intense moisturization, they are also non-greasy and have beautiful fragrances. These are no-fuss products that are luxurious at the same time, making them ideal for the busy bees.
2. A Luxurious Shaving Kit for the Men In Your Life – From your uncles to your brothers and guy friends, every male in your life will appreciate this handy shaving kit. This gift set contains The Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream and a beautifully crafted shaving brush with extremely soft bristles. Shopping for men can be incredibly hard, but this kit is here to make your life easier. You simply cannot go wrong with this awesome Diwali gift because all the men in your life will appreciate a good shaving experience!
3. White Musk L’Eau EDT Gift Set for the Fragrance Lovers – It is no secret that The Body Shop comes up with some of the most wonderful fragrances at fairly affordable prices, and when you layer up products from the same range then the scent is long-lasting and amazing. One of my favourite fragrances from The Body Shop is White Musk, which is why I feel that any fragrance lover in your life will adore the White Musk L’Eau EDT Gift Set. This kit contains the eau de toilette and body lotion from the White Musk range which has lovely notes of pear, lily of the valley, jasmine and rose essence. This is a musky floral scent that is not too overpowering but still makes a statement.
4. The Almond Milk & Honey Gift Collection for the Family – This gift set is perfect for the entire family because it contains bath essentials in a sweet nutty fragrance. The kit contains a shower cream, a body butter, a hand cream, a cleansing bar, and a fluffy bath lily. The Almond Milk & Honey range has an extremely nourishing formula which is great for the chilly weather ahead. This Diwali gift will definitely light up the faces of your dear ones.
For the first time in the history of this blog, I am reviewing a cleaning product on Lipstick For Lunch. Yes, I know that many of you might not be interested in this at all, and no, this is not a sponsored post, but I do know that if you are someone who is struggling with Diwali cleaning at the moment then you will thank me for this. Today I am going to be talking about The Pink Stuff, which is indeed a Miracle Cleaning Paste. Famous YouTuber Louise Pentland brought my attention to this product, and here is why this jar of pink goodness will change your life!
Even though this product looks like a face mask, The Pink Stuff is, in fact, an abrasive paste that can help remove tough stains in a jiffy. You can head over to their website for a detailed data sheet to figure out whether you can use it on a particular surface or not, but I have primarily used it on metal utensils and fittings, and this product truly removes everything from burnt stains on saucepans to rust marks on taps with minimal effort. You need to rub the tiniest amount of the product on the stain with a soft cloth and then wipe it clean within a few minutes to find the surface looking as bright as new!
Even though the claims sound too good to be true, trust me, I have removed the most stubborn of stains with this product and couldn’t believe my own eyes. The product doesn’t have a strong scent and it did not irritate my skin, but I will recommend you to go through the ingredient list to make sure that it is safe for you to use and also, do test it on a small patch of any surface you want to clean with this stuff because it is definitely potent.
The best part is that a huge 500g jar of the product is available on Amazon India for INR 229 only! Trust me this product is a steal for the price. If you are in the mood for some deep cleaning this Diwali then you need to have this product in your kitty!
The festive season is upon us, and while we have bid adieu to our beloved Ganpati, we are already gearing up for Durga Pooja! While we spend hours and hours cleaning up the house, shopping for pooja necessities and making our favourite sweets, we often forget to prepare our minds and bodies for the hectic festivities. Here are a few tips to take care of the things that are often overlooked during the pomp and fervour of Pujo and Diwali.
1. Haircare – Chances are that you will not be able to squeeze in some spa time once the festivities begin. Now that you have some breathing space, get a relaxing hair spa and even a haircut if you need one. This will make styling your hair so much easier for all the special days.
2. Skincare – Festivals mean oily food and heavy makeup, which can take a toll on the skin. Boost your skincare game well in advance by adding sheet masks and chemical exfoliants to give your skin the festive glow. You should also stock up on some charcoal face masks to deep cleanse your skin after the celebrations.
3. Food – No matter how tempted you might be to crash diet right before slipping into that stunning saree for Diwali, there are better ways of getting a flat tummy. Make it a habit to drink tonnes of water daily, eat fresh fruit instead of juices, and sip on a cup of green tea after a heavy meal to keep your metabolism running. Try to indulge in moderation and stick to healthy foods for as many meals as possible. This will ensure that you feel energetic and your skin doesn’t lose its radiance throughout the celebrations.
4. Outfits – Now is the right time to pull out, purchase and plan all your outfits for the events ahead. Get everything stitched and altered now, before your tailor dada starts quoting insane charges and has a huge pile of orders drowning him. Also, try out everything and plan the accessories for each outfit well in advance so that you can just grab them and get ready when the festive chaos ensues.
These are some of the ways in which I make my festivals hasslefree. How are your preparations going and do you have any special tips to make the festive season more fun? Let me know in the comments below!
So yesterday was Diwali and I was all dolled up like thousands of women around India. This Diwali was extra special because I chose to wear a sari that has a special place in my heart. When I was a kid, my mom had a stunning peacock blue silk sari with shiny silver embroidery which I loved so much that I coaxed her to wear it on every special occasion. When I was shopping for my wedding trousseau, I spotted the exact color combination in this marvelous georgette number, and as soon as I set my eyes on it, I knew that I had to buy it to have my very own version of my mom’s sari.
Luckily, even though I purchased this sari without trying it on, it drapes like a dream because of the light georgette material and the fabric is so easy to wear throughout the day. This is definitely the most comfortable sari that I own and the most beautiful too. I first wore this sari at a puja at my in-law’s place that was one of the rituals once I had entered their house as a new bride, which made this sari even more special for me and something that I will always cherish no matter how worn out it becomes.
This Diwali, I paired it with some huge silver chandbalis (which I love) and kept the rest of my jewelry fairly simple because I did not want to look too overdressed even though it was a festive occasion. Since I had to sport this look from the day till the night, I went with a silver-blue eyeshadow on the lids which matches the sari without being too over the top and kept the rest of my face matte and neutral. I also tied up my hair in a low bun to make the earrings more prominent.
So this was my look for Diwali and I was super pleased with this whole look, if I may say so myself, and can’t wait to wear this beloved sari yet again because I can’t seem to get enough of it!
What did you wear this Diwali? Also, do you have a piece of clothing that you have a sentimental bond with? Let me know in the comments below!
Subho Maha Saptami! I am too sick to write a lot today but basically, in India, we are celebrating the festival of Durga Puja at the moment and today is the 7th day or Maha Saptami. Each day of Durga Puja is associated with a different color and the color for Maha Saptami is Blue. So I decided to do a bright blue eye makeup today. I have used an electric blue on my lids and lower lash line and then toned it down with a plum-purple shade in my outer corners and crease. The eyeshadows I have used for the look are from a palette that I am currently testing out so there will be a full-fledged review later.
So without much ado, here are a few pictures of my makeup for the day.
I will be posting some more colorful makeup looks really soon so stay tuned to the blog for more!
P.S. – If you enjoyed this blog post then please click this link and leave a comment on the nomination page to help me win the Indian Bloggers Award!
The festive season is already here and Diwali is right around the corner! Amidst all the fun and celebrations, the one thing that might be bothering you is what to gift to your loved ones. Luckily, the subscription boxes in India have upped their game and these boxes can be a wonderful alternative to the run of the mill Mithai ka Dibba. So here are my top 3 recommendations for subscription boxes that you can gift to your friends and family to make their smiles even wider this Diwali.
1. Flicbox- Everybody and their mothers love chocolates, which makes a box of chocolates a foolproof present for people of all ages. Flicbox is a subscription service that provides curated boxes of chocolates that are not readily available in India. Brands such as Lindt, Hershey, and Toblerone that are quite expensive in Indian stores are available at a much affordable price in the Flicbox. You can choose between a mini, medium, or giant box and can buy a single box or a subscription for 3 months, 6 months, or a year. You better order a box for yourself as well because who can resist the temptation of digging into imported chocolates?
2. Snack Experts – If you and your family members do not stop counting the calories during the festive season then fret not! With Snack Experts, you can gift healthy yet tasty munchies to your loved ones. You can buy a Standard Snack Box that comes with 5 snack pouches weighing 150gms each or can also purchase some special healthy desserts that Snack Experts has brought out for Diwali, such as Kaju Katli’s made with palm jaggery and Mysore Pak made with beetroot! Gift these yummy delights to your friends and family so that they can indulge in the sweetness of the season without any guilt 🙂
3. Mauvelush – If you wish to venture out of the food domain then try out the October – Diwali edition of Mauvelush. This luxury subscription box contains festival appropriate items such as a beautiful pair of earrings and a decorative bird cage with fairy lights. This box is perfect for the women in your life who forget to pamper themselves while preparing for the Diwali festivities. Bookings are open till 7th October.