All the coffee lovers here put your hands up! We are the crazy caffeine addicts who cannot give up their coffee no matter what the weather or time of day, but with the mercury constantly rising, a glass of chilled ice coffee sounds way more inviting than a steaming mug of latte, doesn’t it? This is where the Sleepy Owl Cold Brew Coffee Brew Packs come to the rescue. These easy to make cold brew packs do not need any equipment for making cafe style iced coffee at home. Read on to find out how to use these packs for your daily caffeine fix.
The Sleepy Owl Cold Brew Coffee Packs come in individual packets of coffee wrapped in filter paper. You just need to add one of these packets to a jug of water and let it brew overnight at room temperature. The next day, just pour this coffee into a glass, add ice, milk, and sugar as per your liking and there you have it, a perfect glass of iced coffee without burning a hole in your pocket. The Sleepy Owl Coffee has a smooth and strong flavour to it and once you figure out the right ratio of coffee, milk and sugar as per your taste, you will definitely stop making regular trips to your local Starbucks. However, I will have to say that this product is more suitable for those who prefer less milk and more water in their coffee.
You can purchase a box of 5 brew packs for INR 500 from Sleepyowl.co and each brew pack will give you at least 3 cups of coffee. This is definitely a great price for high-quality cold brew coffee. While I am not a coffee connoisseur of coffee, I do enjoy the beverage and have had my fair share of caffeine in my life to say that this product is worth a shot. So do try it out and let me know how your taste buds like it.
If you know me, you would know that I am partial to my snack bars and can have them at any time of the day, thanks to the convenience of grabbing them, and the relatively better ingredients compared to chips and chocolates. I was recently sent some samples of the ASAP bars by the brand, and believe it or not, I was nibbling into one of them as soon as I opened the pack! These delicious snack bars have been my go-to mid-meal snack for the past few days. Read on to find out more about these droolicious nutrition bars.
I received 2 packs of the ASAP bars in the assorted flavours – Fruit and White Chocolate, Almond and Dark Chocolate, and Cashew, Almond and Caramel. The name ASAP stands for “As Simple As Possible”, which is what is reflected by the ingredients of these bars. They contain oats, rice crispies, nuts, honey and brown sugar with a thin coating of chocolate/caramel to add the gooey factor. Tastewise, they are quite different and better than most of the nutrition bars I have tried recently. Unlike many bars that taste largely of peanuts and rice crispies, with these ones you can actually taste the almonds and other nuts as well as the oats.
The texture of these bars is also perfect and they are not too hard to bite into nor too soft to break easily. All three flavours have a distinct taste to them which is true to their respective names, but my personal favourite is the Fruit and White Chocolate variant because I am partial to white chocolate. I would also like to point out that with many nutrition bars, the chocolate doesn’t really taste like the chocolate we love but with the ASAP bars, the chocolate coating is milky and reminds me of high-quality chocolates. The only thing that I would wish to change is the sugar content, which is a little high for my liking, but this is a personal preference and the sweetness may, in fact, make these bars a great alternative for those who are trying to slowly transition towards a healthy lifestyle.
Overall, I feel that the ASAP bars are a filling and delicious snack which is a great way to keep yourselves full until the next meal or when you are out and about. They are also pretty affordable with a price point of INR 180 for a box of 6 bars. The ASAP bars can be purchased on Amazon and I would recommend trying at least one pack, I am sure you will fall in love with these delightful yet healthy treats.
A few years back, I was going through a bad phase healthwise and this horrible cough and stuffy feeling in the nose would never go away. After multiple visits to the doctor, it was confirmed that I had some kind of an allergy to the spores in the air. The only thing that helped with the discomfort and the never-ceasing cold was vitamin C. Ever since then, I am a huge fan of anything that is a natural source of Vitamin C, which is why when Seer Secrets sent me their Sabdariffa Tisane Herbal Tea, a floral source of Vitamin C, I jumped with joy. Read on to find out more about this delightful product.
The tea is basically the pure and dried extracts of the Sabdariffa Hibiscus flower, which is a powerhouse of Vitamin C. It helps provide comfort from allergies, asthma, indigestion, nausea, and is also supposed to lower the blood pressure. To prepare the tea, you are supposed to drop one flower into a mug, pour some hot water and let it brew for a few minutes before consuming. Within a few minutes, the tea turns the water a beautiful shade of reddish brown and begins to release a sour scent. Tastewise too, the tea is quite sour, similar to sour candy, and I actually enjoy this “Khatta Meetha” taste. When you have a sore throat, this warm, sour beverage is extremely comforting.
20 gms of this tea is priced at INR 495, which may seem steep, but the luxurious glass bottle that it comes in is reusable and the tea itself is of excellent quality. The proof of this tea lies in its natural sour taste which is evidence enough of its high vitamin C content. I will definitely be stocking up on this tea because of my allergies and would encourage all of you to give this lovely immunity booster a try. The yummy taste of sour candy with the goodness of vitamin C is the perfect combination in a cup indeed!
So I recently received a bunch of goodies from LB Industries and today I will take you through all of them. LB Industries has been an established name in the timber industry and has recently ventured into the consumer goods market with its range of health and wellness products. So here is a breakdown of all the goodies that I received.
1. O Toilet Seat Sanitizer – Toilet sanitizers are an absolute travel essential, especially for women. The O Toilet Seat Sanitizer kills germs on toilet seats, bathroom handles etc within 10 seconds, making it a saviour for those who have to use public washrooms frequently. Also, it has a refreshing tea tree oil scent that I adore. This one is definitely going into my handbag. Priced at INR 110 for a 40 ml bottle.
2. Breathe Herbal Breath Freshener – Mouth freshening sprays have been in the market since quite some time but the Breathe Herbal Breath Freshener is unique because it is sugar and propellant-free and contains herbal ingredients such as peppermint oil, cinnamon oil, and cardamom oil. It tastes like a herbal toothpaste and does an excellent job at refreshing the breath. I received this in the peppermint and meswak variants, and I love them both. Priced at INR 90 for a 15gm spray bottle.
3. O Hand Sanitizer – The O Hand Sanitizer really impressed me because this product does not dry out my hands like most of the other sanitizers that I have used in the past. It smells like a regular alcohol-based sanitizer but leaves the hands quite soft, which is great for someone like me who uses a hand sanitizer multiple times a day. Priced at INR 100 for 50 single use sachets.
4. Ray Stevia Extract – The Ray Stevia Extract contains 99.8% percent pure Stevia, a natural sweetener that contains almost zero calories per teaspoon. I haven’t used Stevia in the past but have heard many diet conscious people rave about it. Of course, it is best to consult a physician before introducing something new in your diet, particularly if you are pregnant or suffering from ailments/allergies. Priced at INR 210 for 40 1gm sachets.
5. Ray Cooking Spray – Cooking sprays are a low cal alternative to regular cooking oil because they provide the grease required for cooking with a smaller quantity of oil. One spray of the Ray Cooking Spray contains only 2 calories, making it an excellent choice for when you are preparing cutlets or similar fried snacks. Priced at INR 250 for a 200ml can.
So these were all the things that I got as a part of my LB Industries haul. You can purchase all these products from Amazon (all items linked above individually), and can follow @otoiletseatsanitizer on Instagram for more updates from the brand. Happy shopping!
Disclaimer – Samples sent by the brand, but all opinions are honest and my own.
I LOVE popcorn – not only while watching movies but also for mid-meal snacking when the hunger pangs strike. However, lazy me does not prefer to pop her own kernels, which is where the delicious popcorns from Kadakslap come into the picture. The brand provides a plethora of flavours that add a slap of deliciousness to your day with their crunchy, light-weight, and healthy popcorn.
From the classic Butter and Cheese flavours to the more unique variants such as Sour Cream and Salty Sweet, each flavour of the Kadakslap popcorns offers something new to the palate and provides a healthy alternative to the deep fried and fat-laden snacks such as chips and nachos. Only the best non-GMO kernels from the United States are used by the brand and each packet of popcorn is free of gluten, MSG, artificial colour, and cholesterol, and has a high fibre content too. I also love the colourful, comic book themed packaging of the product which is quite a refreshing change from the standard packaging of snacks in India.
Not just the variety of flavours, but also the extremely affordable price of these crunchy, buttery snacks makes a bag of Kadakslap popcorn the best option for those who love to munch while they work or laze about. One packet will cost you between INR 5-20 and will leave your tongue and tummy completely satisfied – like we say in Hindi, these munchies are total Paisa Vasool 🙂 They also have tins of gourmet chocolate and caramel popcorn (INR 100 each) for the connoisseurs of the snack, for whom the regular flavours just won’t do.
Overall, the Kadakslap popcorns check all the right boxes for me by being inexpensive, delicious and healthy. They are a must try for every popcorn lover out there and even if you are not the biggest fan of popcorn, try these once and you may actually be converted into one! Meanwhile, if you spot me somewhere with a bag of these munchies, you can drool all you want or can buy your own pack because I am not sharing my Kadakslap popcorn with anyone 😛
There is a new Mom in town! And while this Mom can’t replace my doting mum back home, she definitely keeps me well fed while I am busy adulting, with no time respond to my tummy’s rumblings. This Mom is none other than the set of ready to eat meals from Meal Of The Moment – traditional Indian meals that you just need to add boiling water to before consuming. Their range of preservative-free and home-like meals include breakfast, lunch, and dessert items and the best part is that they do taste quite similar to a home-cooked meal.
The brand kindly sent me four of their meals to try – their Poha, Veg Biryani, Seviyan Kheer, and Kesari Halwa. I found all the meals extremely flavourful and yummy, although the Veg Biryani was a tiny bit salty for me. What I also love is the fact that the desserts come with a separate packet of sugar so that you can add as much or as little as you like. It is quite rare for a ready to eat meals brand to pay so much attention to the nutrition and health aspects of their products, most brands just roll with their ingredient list and do not care that their customers can’t control how much sugar to put in their food.
The USP of these meals is that while you can prepare them in a jiffy by simply adding boiling water or popping them in the microwave, they are way more healthy than most alternatives for instant meals available in the Indian market at the moment. Not only are these meals better than the bag of chips or box of cookies that you may reach for while stress eating, they are also more nutritious than the various brands of instant noodles and nutrition bars that are loaded with preservatives and other unhealthy ingredients.
Overall, each of these boxes of goodness will strike a chord in the hearts of everyone who is staying away from home and missing home-cooked meals that have a personal touch to them. They are also excellent for the busy moms and wives who need a break from cooking once in a while. As an added bonus, they are very affordable too, and one serving costs around INR 40 – 60. So the next time you want the comfort of mom’s food but cannot fly back to her, try out the next best thing – Meal of the Moment (MOM).
It’s back, it’s bigger AND it’s better! The Mauvelush November Mellow Edition is here to sweep all the bag lovers off their feet 🙂 I received mine last week and here are all the items that this month’s box brought to my doorstep.
1.Chioma Cupcake Sling (INR 1399/-) – The star of the box that impressed everyone on Instagram is this Chioma Cupcake Sling that looks super cute and is super roomy too. The price of this bag is INR 1399 and it does look worth the price tag. The quality of the material is top-notch and this bag is a great choice for a casual day out.
2. Hedonista Choco-Nut Lip Salve (INR 465/-) – This giant tub of chocolatey-nutty goodness is not meant for eating even though it smells delicious. This is a gourmet lip balm by Hedonista that has amazing ingredients such as cocoa butter and peanut butter and is very nourishing on the lips. The price tag of INR 465/- does seem hefty but the jar will last you a while and this lip balm is by far the most decadent lip product I have ever used.
3. White Ceramic Mug (INR 350/-) – This white mug has a very classy and elegant design and will definitely be my best friend this winter. It is larger than your average coffee mug and heavier too, which means that the material is of higher quality, therefore justifying the price tag of INR 350.
4. Boho Tassel Neckpiece (INR 399/-) – I am a fan of delicate jewellery and this long necklace with a bright blue tassel definitely fits the bill for me. This piece is unique while being extremely wearable and can add some oomph to a plain tee.
5. Statement Gold Bracelet (INR 249/-) – Another piece of delicate jewellery that can be worn on its own or can be layered with other bracelets or a watch to create a nice little stack on your wrist.
6. The Black Rosette Hot Chocolate Mix (INR 350/-) – Making hot chocolate is even easier with The Black Rosette Hot Chocolate Mix. Just add a few spoonfuls to steaming hot milk and you are all set for a chilly morning. The price is a little high but the taste and the packaging did impress me.
Overall, the Mauvelush November Mellow Edition has items worth approximately INR 3200 while the box is priced at INR 1999 for a one-month subscription. This is definitely not one of the most affordable subscription boxes out there but it is certainly a luxury box that lives up to its name with the quality of the products. I do wish that there was one more item in this box to make it more affordable but if you like the cupcake bag then this box is still a really good deal. You can book yours on www.mauvelush.com and can use the coupon code MRINALI10 for an extra 10% off. So do grab yours now to be winter-ready this season 🙂
I hope that this review was helpful. Check out @Mauvelush on Instagram to find out more about a contest they are running where you can get the December box for free!
Green Tea is my go-to drink whenever I have had a little too much to eat or just need a cozy cup to cuddle with. The Seer Secrets Lemongrass Green Tea is the latest member of my green tea family, and I must confess that I am completely partial to this baby. Seer Secrets has managed to impress me yet again with this product and here is why.
This green tea has a unique texture and comes in the form of “pearls” of tea leaves. You are supposed to drop 2-3 pearls in a cup, add boiling water and let it simmer, within a few minutes you will have a cup of delicious and soothing green tea that resembles the green tea at fancy tea places and hotels in terms of flavor.
Unlike the standard bitter green teas, this one is pretty mild and has a refreshing zesty taste and smell. This is due to the lemongrass extracts added to the tea leaves which make the tea tastier and healthier too. Also, this tea arrived at my doorstep in the signature Seer Secrets tin with a beautiful glass jar inside that held the actual product. The glass jar adds a luxurious element to the tea brewing and drinking experience and is a wonderful touch in my opinion.
This tea contains anti-oxidants, regulates blood pressure, boosts metabolism and aids digestion. I enjoy drinking it post a heavy meal and it instantly makes me feel lighter and energized. Overall, it lives up to its claims and the non-bitter taste makes it a winner for me. The price of INR 423 for a 50gm jar is a little steep but if you are a connoisseur of the beverage who is willing to spend the money for a great cup of tea then you must try out this product!
The festive season is upon us and the first and most wonderful gift I have received is the October – Diwali Edition of Mauvelush, a new luxury subscription box in India, which the brand kindly sent my way. I unboxed this beauty on my Insta stories yesterday, so head over to my Instagram now if you wish to catch my first impressions. However, in case you missed the unboxing video, here is my review of the Mauvelush October – Diwali Edition for you.
Before getting into the contents of the box, let me talk about the box itself. Mauvelush has come up with a beautifully branded box that looks pretty high-end, and the box also contains a personalized printed note with the Mauvelush branding. This is what I would expect from a luxury subscription box. Even though a lot of subscription boxes are emerging every month, their packaging does not stand out as much as this one. This box has a princessy vibe which every girl would like, unlike the plain old brown cardboard boxes that other brands use. So enough about the packaging, let us now look at the contents of the box.
1. Decorative Bird Cage – I am the kind of person who loves home decor items but seldom purchases them, thinking that it is a wastage of money. Therefore, receiving this beautiful ornamental bird cage in a subscription box was the best thing that could have happened to me. This decorative bird cage is made of golden metal and comes with the fairy lights shown in the picture. It is a perfect addition to a Diwali box because Diwali is the festival of lights. The quality of this cage is very good and it seems like an expensive piece. This item can add to the aesthetic beauty of any room and I really can’t stop raving about it!
2. Chandbali Earrings – I don’t know how the lovely folks at Mauvelush did it but they managed to send me everything on my wishlist for the coming festivals. I was feeling the lack of a traditional pair of earrings that could go with any ethnic outfit and voila, I received these stunning Chandbali Earrings in the box. These earrings too seem to be of excellent quality. All the beads and pearls are in place and there is no sign of rusting or chipped polish. They are similar in quality to something you will buy from a branded store and will suit any traditional outfit you have picked for the festive season.
3. Rostaa Cranberries – No Indian festival can be complete without something sweet, so how about a healthy alternative for this Diwali? The Rostaa Cranberries will add a sweetness to your celebrations without adding pounds to your weight. In the Mauvelush box, you will get a 75gm pack of Rostaa Cranberries which is priced at INR 120. These are perfect for snacking on, in between or after your meals, and can also be added to cereals or yogurt for a healthy breakfast.
4. Mond’Sub Sheet Masks – The box also contains two Mond’Sub Sheet Masks, one from their Gold Facial Collagen Mask series (INR 250) and the other from their Collagen Silk Mask Series (INR 200). I have reviewed both these masks previously on the blog but basically, they are extremely nourishing and hydrating and will definitely make your skin glow this Diwali. You can also use them on your tired skin the morning after the festivities.
5. Black Kimono With White Lace Detail – Kimono shrugs are so in trend and add a casual chic flair to any boring outfit. This black Kimono with a beautiful white lace at the sleeves and the hemline can be thrown on top of a black tank top and jeans to look super stylish and put together. It is also an excellent item for layering, with the cold season fast approaching. I got the size small to medium which is slightly loose for my petite frame but since it is supposed to be oversized anyway, I can definitely make it work. The fabric and the quality of the lace are outstanding and I could not find a defect in either.
Although the prices of some of the items are not mentioned, I feel that for the current price of INR 1999 for 1 month’s subscription, you will be getting a great deal. Also, the first 15 subscribers can avail an extra 10% off with the coupon code MAUVE10. There are no additional shipping charges as well, so with the coupon code, this box can be yours for INR 1799 only. Overall, the Mauvelush October – Diwali Edition has exceeded my expectations both in terms of packaging as well as the actual products and I feel that it deserves the title of a luxury box. This box is available for booking till 7th October so head over to www.mauvelush.com today to avail the early bird discount. You can also follow @mauvelush on Instagram and Facebook for all the latest updates regarding discounts and upcoming boxes.
Personally, I am already super excited for the next box and hope that the future boxes continue to amaze me like this one 🙂
P.S. – If you enjoyed this blog post then please click this link and leave a comment on the nomination page to help me win the Indian Bloggers Award!
Disclaimer – Box was sent to me by the brand but all opinions are honest and my own.
In India, a cup of tea is usually incomplete without something to munch on. Whether you are enjoying your cuppa at home or are visiting someone, you will be presented with an array of snacks such as biscuits and namkeens, to go with the beverage. Indeed, snacking is a part of our culture and whenever someone arrives at our doorstep at an odd hour, we rely on our trusty containers of goodies to entertain them. Unfortunately though, most of these snacks, be it cookies, or dalmoth, or aloo bhujiya, are quite high in terms of fat content and the sweet treats are extremely sugary. This is why, around every festival, we see our waistlines expanding while we gorge on yet another samosa or Jalebi at tea-time. There are healthier snacks available in the market these days, but they are pretty hard to find and suffer from the lack of flavors that satisfy the Indian palate. This is why the snack boxes offered by SnackExperts are a welcome sight.
SnackExperts is a new venture that aims to make nutritious yet delicious snacks readily available to the entire country. Their snack boxes come with a selection of 5 snacks, which you can handpick from their vast collection, and are delivered right to your doorstep. Although these snacks resemble the traditional Indian snacks in terms of taste and texture, they use better ingredients and lesser sugar and oil. Also, they come in individual zip-lock packets that you can carry along with you to work or to wherever your adventures take you. Now you have no excuse not to eat healthily!
The team at SnackExperts kindly sent me a few of their snacks to sample some days back and here are my thoughts on these delicious goodies.
1. Triberry Medley – The Triberry Medley is a yummy trio of black currants, dried strawberries and dried cranberries that helps boost the energy with the help of natural sugars while satisfying the sweet tooth. A handful of these delicious berries can be added to cereal or yogurt for a yummy breakfast or snack. You can also have these on their own as a mid-meal snack to stay energized throughout the day.
2. Barnyard Crispies – Every household in India loves Sev, a crunchy deep fried snack made using Bengal Gram Flour or Besan. The Barnyard Crispies from SnackExperts are a healthy take on the traditional Sev because they are made using a combination of pulse flours and rice flour. Also, you can rest assured that the oil used for the preparation is fresh and hygienic, something that is always doubtful with the local brands.
3. Old Fashioned Nut Mix – Nuts do not need dollops of ghee and salt to taste delicious, they are yummy in their natural form. The Old Fashioned Nut Mix celebrates the natural flavors of almonds, walnuts, and peanuts along with a hint of spice added in the form of peppery cashew nuts. An excellent accompaniment with any beverage, this mix provides the goodness of vitamins and healthy fats that the nuts contain.
4. Original Seeds Flapjack – The classic Ghajak gets a modern avatar in the form of the Original Seeds Flapjack from SnackExperts. Oozing with the goodness of Jaggery, oats, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds, these flapjacks have a caramelly taste and are the perfect dessert to end any meal with. A healthier alternative to brownies or Indian sweet meats, these flapjacks are a delightful fusion of taste and health.
5. Honey Roasted Cashew – I love the rich flavors of cashew nuts and SnackExperts further enhances them with a hint of honey, chilli flakes, and yellow mustard seeds, with their honey roasted cashews. This is a delectable sweet and salty snack that will keep you full until your next meal. The fact that the cashews are roasted and not deep fried makes this bowl of goodness all the more appealing!
It must be obvious to you by now that I am head over heels in love with each of the scrumptious snacks sent to me by SnackExperts. If you are struggling to keep your diet in check due to unhealthy and tempting snacks or do not have the time to prepare or hunt for healthier variants then do order your customized snack box from Snackexperts.com today for guilt-free snacking that satisfies the taste buds too!
Disclaimer – PR samples sent by the brand but all opinions are my own.
Whenever I am not on the hunt for the perfect nude lipstick, I am busy searching for a healthy yet tasty snack to devour. I do not have the luxury to spend endless hours in the kitchen, which is why I prefer something that is ready to eat yet does not contain harmful preservatives. This is why Epigamia Yogurt, India’s first all-natural Greek yogurt, is the perfect snack to satisfy my sweet tooth while keeping the hunger pangs at bay.
This delicious Greek yogurt is thick and creamy and contains twice the amount of protein compared to regular dahi and flavored yogurts. What is more, it is made using natural ingredients, is low in fat, and contains zero preservatives. Basically, it is a snack that is super yummy while being good for the body and the waistline. I recently received a bunch of samples from the brand and the flavors they sent me were Blueberry, Wild Raspberry, Alphonso Mango, Natural, Strawberry, Honey Banana, Green Apple, Vanilla Bean, Strawberry with Chunky Granola, and Jalapeno Greek Yogurt with Barley Puffs. Yes, you read it right! Not only do they have a ton of sweet fruity flavors to satisfy the dessert cravings, they also have a spicy Jalapeno Greek Yogurt that works well as a savory dip.
You can eat these yogurts on their own or can add them to smoothies, dips, sandwich spreads or cereal. What is more, if you want something more filling than a cup of yogurt, you can opt for the snack packs which provide a crunchy topping that can be mixed with the yogurt. The topping comes packed in a separate container that retains its crunchiness. These toppings including crunchy granola for strawberry yogurt and barley puffs for jalapeno yogurt. A picture of the packaging is shown below!
All you need to do is rip open the packaging, mix in the contents with the yogurt and enjoy your delightful on the go snack!
I love the fact that fruity flavors have a natural sweetness to them and also contain tiny tit bits of the actual fruit. As for the Jalapeno yogurt, it packs a punch in terms of flavor and is a creamier and more delicious version of your standard raita, in my opinion. I love to dunk my fruits into these yogurts to convert my salads into more decadent treats, without piling up on the calories.
Each cup contains 90 gms of yogurt which provides around 100 calories and more than 6 gms of protein. It also helps in meeting the daily calcium requirements without chugging down huge quantities of milk. I feel that Epigamia Greek Yogurts are perfect for everyone, from the fussy eaters who want to include more nutritious items in their diet to the busy executives and housewives who do not find the time to prepare healthy food for themselves. These yummy Greek yogurts are available online on Grofers and BigBasket and they are also available at Nature’s Basket. You can find more details about the products and the stores on the Epigamia website. Do give the Epigamia Greek Yogurts one try and I am sure that you will never crave for any other flavored yogurt!
Disclaimer – PR samples sent by the brand but all opinions are my own.
My childhood was spent in a typical North Indian household where breakfast is synonymous with butter-laden parathas or steaming hot poori-aloo. Unfortunately, my metabolism is no longer as great as that of my 9-year-old self and in any case, I do not have the patience or time to make parathas for breakfast every morning. I do however need a healthy and filling breakfast to feel energetic all day long. These days, I usually switch between different kinds of cereals but on the days when I am not too inclined to have any milk, I opt for a nutrition bar instead. I also like a lot of variety in my food, which is why I recently purchased the Yoga Bar Variety Pack of 10 from Amazon and the fact that these bars are all gone already is enough evidence that they are tasty indeed!
Yoga Bar is a nutrition bar that is available in a bunch of different flavours, and the ones that came in my box were Vanilla Almond, Cardamom Coconut Chew, Cashew Orange Zest, Coffee Zing, Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chunk Nut and Nuts & Seeds Crunch. Other than the Cardamom Coconut Chew and the Cashew Orange Zest, the rest of the bars are quite crunchy and nutty while these two are softer and have a chewy texture. The nutty bars almost feel like a healthier version of Chikki so those who like Chikki but do not want to consume too many calories can opt for these instead. My personal favourite, however, is the Cashew Orange Zest because I am a sucker for anything orange flavoured.
Not only are these bars quite delicious, they are filling without being too heavy on the stomach. Also, each bar has approximately 150-180 calories, which is similar to a bar of chocolate but with way more nutrition. Yoga Bars are healthy snacks for when you feel peckish at work or are out and about with no time to stop for a bite. As a cherry on top of this healthy cake (:P), these bars do not contain any additives or preservatives and are made using natural ingredients such as whole grains and honey. I have attached a picture of the nutritional information below for the reference of those who are better versed in the field of diet and nutrition.
A box of 10 Yoga Bars is priced at INR 330, which means that the price of one bar is only INR 33; this makes Yoga Bars one of the rare Indian snacks that are affordable while being healthy. I personally find it very irritating that the fat-laden chips and cookies are so cheap in India while the nutritious snacks are hard to find and expensive too. It is great that the team at Yoga Bar have put in their efforts to come up with a snack that is healthy while being priced reasonably enough to be a practical choice for students and young professionals. If something nutritious tastes good and is pocket-friendly too then who wouldn’t want to dig their teeth into it? Yoga Bars qualify all my criteria for a mid-meal snack that can also double up as an instant breakfast. Do give these a shot if you like your food to satisfy you without showing up on the waistline.