So recently Urby kindly sent me a gorgeous passport holder from their range and it was everything I could ask for from a passport holder! I do not like the boring black and blue colours for wallets and passport holders, which is why the golden beige shade of this passport holder was perfect for me. Also, my name embossed in beautiful gold lettering further adds a personal touch to something that already fits my style so well.
The passport holder is made of extremely sturdy, high-quality material and even the stitching is absolutely perfect, something that helps to tell a high-end product apart from a lower end one. Even the packaging of the product had a high-end vibe to it. I will definitely be re-using the black box and the cloth pouch that the passport holder came in.
The passport holder obviously has a pocket for the passport but also comes with pockets to hold your cards, change etc. This pleases the multi-functional product lover in me and I am sure that the extra pockets will come in very handy while traveling.
I would like to thank Urby for sending me this lovely product and for completing my travel gear while keeping it uber chic!
About the brand –
Urby is a direct-to-consumer, lifestyle and travel accessories brand. They design and manufacture essentials for an urban lifestyle using the most premium materials and finest craftsmanship. You can also check their wide range of mens wallet, women wallets, card cases …. and many more.
Disclaimer – Product sent by the brand but all opinions are honest and my own.
Hey everyone. I am ever grateful for all the love and support I receive from you guys on this blog and on Instagram, which is why I am announcing a giveaway to celebrated 3.5K followers on Insta. 2 lucky winners will receive a Nykaa voucher worth INR 500 each! This giveaway will primarily run on Instagram but one of the rules is that you need to be subscribed to my blog. Here are the rules in detail-
Subscribe to my WordPress blog (https://lipstick-for-lunch.com/) with your WordPress account or email ID.
Comment below the Instagram post stating your WordPress ID or email ID that you used to subscribe to my blog and also tag 3 friends (not celebrity accounts) in the same comment.
Giveaway is open only for Indian residents. Note that everybody who follows these rules will get one entry in the giveaway. You are welcome to repost or share my post but that will not get you extra points. Winners will be picked via lucky draw from all the valid entries (i.e. everyone who follows the 3 rules stated above). Any DM’s or comments questioning the results without understanding the rules will not be entertained. Those who unfollow after the results are announced will be blocked from the next giveaway which will be announced early next year.
Winners will be announced on or before the 16th of December based on the participation I receive. So do participate soon and spread the word among your friends 🙂
Disclaimer – This giveaway is not sponsored by Nykaa or Instagram and is being conducted solely by me.
It’s back, it’s bigger AND it’s better! The Mauvelush November Mellow Edition is here to sweep all the bag lovers off their feet 🙂 I received mine last week and here are all the items that this month’s box brought to my doorstep.
1.Chioma Cupcake Sling (INR 1399/-) – The star of the box that impressed everyone on Instagram is this Chioma Cupcake Sling that looks super cute and is super roomy too. The price of this bag is INR 1399 and it does look worth the price tag. The quality of the material is top-notch and this bag is a great choice for a casual day out.
2. Hedonista Choco-Nut Lip Salve (INR 465/-) – This giant tub of chocolatey-nutty goodness is not meant for eating even though it smells delicious. This is a gourmet lip balm by Hedonista that has amazing ingredients such as cocoa butter and peanut butter and is very nourishing on the lips. The price tag of INR 465/- does seem hefty but the jar will last you a while and this lip balm is by far the most decadent lip product I have ever used.
3. White Ceramic Mug (INR 350/-) – This white mug has a very classy and elegant design and will definitely be my best friend this winter. It is larger than your average coffee mug and heavier too, which means that the material is of higher quality, therefore justifying the price tag of INR 350.
4. Boho Tassel Neckpiece (INR 399/-) – I am a fan of delicate jewellery and this long necklace with a bright blue tassel definitely fits the bill for me. This piece is unique while being extremely wearable and can add some oomph to a plain tee.
5. Statement Gold Bracelet (INR 249/-) – Another piece of delicate jewellery that can be worn on its own or can be layered with other bracelets or a watch to create a nice little stack on your wrist.
6. The Black Rosette Hot Chocolate Mix (INR 350/-) – Making hot chocolate is even easier with The Black Rosette Hot Chocolate Mix. Just add a few spoonfuls to steaming hot milk and you are all set for a chilly morning. The price is a little high but the taste and the packaging did impress me.
Overall, the Mauvelush November Mellow Edition has items worth approximately INR 3200 while the box is priced at INR 1999 for a one-month subscription. This is definitely not one of the most affordable subscription boxes out there but it is certainly a luxury box that lives up to its name with the quality of the products. I do wish that there was one more item in this box to make it more affordable but if you like the cupcake bag then this box is still a really good deal. You can book yours on www.mauvelush.com and can use the coupon code MRINALI10 for an extra 10% off. So do grab yours now to be winter-ready this season 🙂
I hope that this review was helpful. Check out @Mauvelush on Instagram to find out more about a contest they are running where you can get the December box for free!
For almost a year, Lipstick For Lunch has been my voice and my voice only, but now is the time to add the voices of my lovely readers to this blog. I am at the point in my career where it is becoming increasingly harder to provide you a different post every day and I also want this blog to represent the thoughts of a larger set of people. So now I will be accepting guest blog posts for this blog which will be mixed in with my usual blog posts. So in case you are interested to write for us, here are a few terms and conditions-
Only original content and images will be accepted.
The post should be grammatically correct. Poor grammar may lead to the rejection of the post.
Minor edits/corrections might be made to the post by the editor, prior to publishing.
All images should be high-resolution pictures, preferably clicked in natural light.
The topic should be related to the spheres of fashion, beauty, or lifestyle.
Any content submitted to Lipstick For Lunch may not be published on any other platform by the author.
Unfortunately, as of now, we cannot provide any compensation for the articles but we will be linking back to your blog/social media which will definitely help in attracting more traffic to your platform.
So anybody who is interested to write for us, kindly drop a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Guest Blog For LipstickForLunch”. I am looking forward to hearing from all of you 🙂
The festive season is upon us and the first and most wonderful gift I have received is the October – Diwali Edition of Mauvelush, a new luxury subscription box in India, which the brand kindly sent my way. I unboxed this beauty on my Insta stories yesterday, so head over to my Instagram now if you wish to catch my first impressions. However, in case you missed the unboxing video, here is my review of the Mauvelush October – Diwali Edition for you.
Before getting into the contents of the box, let me talk about the box itself. Mauvelush has come up with a beautifully branded box that looks pretty high-end, and the box also contains a personalized printed note with the Mauvelush branding. This is what I would expect from a luxury subscription box. Even though a lot of subscription boxes are emerging every month, their packaging does not stand out as much as this one. This box has a princessy vibe which every girl would like, unlike the plain old brown cardboard boxes that other brands use. So enough about the packaging, let us now look at the contents of the box.
1. Decorative Bird Cage – I am the kind of person who loves home decor items but seldom purchases them, thinking that it is a wastage of money. Therefore, receiving this beautiful ornamental bird cage in a subscription box was the best thing that could have happened to me. This decorative bird cage is made of golden metal and comes with the fairy lights shown in the picture. It is a perfect addition to a Diwali box because Diwali is the festival of lights. The quality of this cage is very good and it seems like an expensive piece. This item can add to the aesthetic beauty of any room and I really can’t stop raving about it!
2. Chandbali Earrings – I don’t know how the lovely folks at Mauvelush did it but they managed to send me everything on my wishlist for the coming festivals. I was feeling the lack of a traditional pair of earrings that could go with any ethnic outfit and voila, I received these stunning Chandbali Earrings in the box. These earrings too seem to be of excellent quality. All the beads and pearls are in place and there is no sign of rusting or chipped polish. They are similar in quality to something you will buy from a branded store and will suit any traditional outfit you have picked for the festive season.
3. Rostaa Cranberries – No Indian festival can be complete without something sweet, so how about a healthy alternative for this Diwali? The Rostaa Cranberries will add a sweetness to your celebrations without adding pounds to your weight. In the Mauvelush box, you will get a 75gm pack of Rostaa Cranberries which is priced at INR 120. These are perfect for snacking on, in between or after your meals, and can also be added to cereals or yogurt for a healthy breakfast.
4. Mond’Sub Sheet Masks – The box also contains two Mond’Sub Sheet Masks, one from their Gold Facial Collagen Mask series (INR 250) and the other from their Collagen Silk Mask Series (INR 200). I have reviewed both these masks previously on the blog but basically, they are extremely nourishing and hydrating and will definitely make your skin glow this Diwali. You can also use them on your tired skin the morning after the festivities.
5. Black Kimono With White Lace Detail – Kimono shrugs are so in trend and add a casual chic flair to any boring outfit. This black Kimono with a beautiful white lace at the sleeves and the hemline can be thrown on top of a black tank top and jeans to look super stylish and put together. It is also an excellent item for layering, with the cold season fast approaching. I got the size small to medium which is slightly loose for my petite frame but since it is supposed to be oversized anyway, I can definitely make it work. The fabric and the quality of the lace are outstanding and I could not find a defect in either.
Although the prices of some of the items are not mentioned, I feel that for the current price of INR 1999 for 1 month’s subscription, you will be getting a great deal. Also, the first 15 subscribers can avail an extra 10% off with the coupon code MAUVE10. There are no additional shipping charges as well, so with the coupon code, this box can be yours for INR 1799 only. Overall, the Mauvelush October – Diwali Edition has exceeded my expectations both in terms of packaging as well as the actual products and I feel that it deserves the title of a luxury box. This box is available for booking till 7th October so head over to www.mauvelush.com today to avail the early bird discount. You can also follow @mauvelush on Instagram and Facebook for all the latest updates regarding discounts and upcoming boxes.
Personally, I am already super excited for the next box and hope that the future boxes continue to amaze me like this one 🙂
P.S. – If you enjoyed this blog post then please click this link and leave a comment on the nomination page to help me win the Indian Bloggers Award!
Disclaimer – Box was sent to me by the brand but all opinions are honest and my own.
Are you someone who buys things impulsively and regrets purchasing them the very next day? Or someone that buys something online and then is just too lazy to return it even if it’s the wrong size or color? If you have piles of unused clothes or makeup lying around your house then instead of hoarding them or throwing them away, why not make some money by selling them online? Today I will be talking about an app named Elanic that makes selling pre-owned items extremely easy and hassle free.
Elanic allows you to sell any unused or gently used clothes, makeup items or other lifestyle products from the comfort of your home. What is more, they arrange a pick-up of the items from your house so you don’t have to worry about sharing your address or contact details with strangers. All you need to do is download and install the app, create an account, click and upload pictures of the products that you want to sell, and then wait for offers from other users once your post goes live after approval. As with any other shopping app in the market, this one comes with its set of pros and cons. So here is an overview of what I liked and did not like about this app.
1. All bargaining and interaction with potential buyers happens via the chat option on the app, no need to disclose your contact details to strangers.
2. Elanic arranges the pick up of the items from your house as per the time slot requested by you.
3. Money is credited to your Elanic account in the form of Elanic credits if the buyer does not request a return within 3 days of receiving the item.
4. In case the buyer returns the item, you can opt for it to be delivered back to you or can ask the team to keep it in their inventory for future sale.
1. Elanic credits can be encashed by requesting a transfer to your bank account only if your wallet balance exceeds INR 300. Until then, you can only use these credits to purchase items from the app.
2. Elanic charges a commission on every item that you sell, which is deducted from the price you quote for the item. However, they do mention this when you upload a new item and show the actual amount you will be receiving.
3. Most of the buyers on the app do a lot of haggling and want to buy even branded, new stuff at dirt cheap prices. So if you have something fairly expensive, be ready to sell it for a very low price or you may not be able to strike a deal.
4. There are not many great options in case you wish to purchase products. Some of the makeup items on sale seem fake and the collection of clothes is not very huge. But again, if you find a trustworthy seller then you may get some great items.
So this was a brief summary of my thoughts on Elanic. Personally, I use it more for the purpose decluttering than making money so I feel that it is pretty cool that I can send my clothes to a better home without much hassle. I would definitely recommend all of you to try out the app, especially if you are a hoarder with a huge pile of unused clothes in your closet.
If you do end up installing the app, then do check out the products I have put up for sale. My user name is @sachan.mrinalini. Also, here is a referral code that you can use while signing up to get INR 100 in your Elanic wallet on joining the app – M7CKLX
Have you used any app for selling pre-owned items? Let me know about your experience in the comments below!
P.S. – If you enjoyed this blog post then please click this link and leave a comment on the nomination page to help me win the Indian Bloggers Award!
The latest buzz in the fashion industry is to add an element of comfort to clothes, without compromising on design. Practical yet stylish clothing is the mantra of this season and people are embracing it with open arms. From the airport to the boardroom, one can spot a switch towards fabrics that allow the skin to breathe and yet leave room for expressing an individual’s personality. This trend of incorporating sportswear inspired attire in the daily wardrobe is aptly termed as Athleisure, a name that it is here to stay.
Athleisure goes way beyond simply wearing your Yoga pants to work; it is essentially overhauling the definition of business casual clothing. Some common instances of Athleisure, which have carved a niche for themselves as acceptable wardrobe choices, are wearing sneakers with dresses and sporting bralettes with a pair of jeans for a casual day out. However, if you dig deeper, Athleisure has also encouraged brands to bring out casual collections that use stretchable and comfortable fabrics, such as Lycra and spandex. These materials that were once restricted to athletic wear are taking the market by storm. From t-shirts to leggings, they offer a new level of comfort that was formerly associated only with sports apparel.
Cute silk pajamas are rapidly being replaced by more practical loungewear, such as tank tops and spandex leggings. With innumerable colors and patterns hitting the stores, these outfits provide an added bonus that you can step out of the house without changing. As the SoulCycle co-founder, Julie Rice, expressed in an interview with Vogue  “It’s a trend. People of all ages are wearing their workoutwear all day now, whether it’s leggings with a longer coat and a scarf, or someone younger wearing a cropped T-shirt with a denim jacket and some high-heeled boots. People shop for their athleticwear thinking, How can I wear this from the studio to the street?”.
Even in a business environment, more and more companies are slackening their dress codes to make them flexible and convenient for the employees. While track pants and t-shirts were frowned upon just a decade ago, they are pretty ubiquitous this year in the modern workplace. In fact, the work environment is where Athleisure can make the hugest difference. Sweat absorbent and odor-resistant fabrics can really help a busy executive as he or she wrestles with mounds of work round the clock. Ergonomic yet aesthetically pleasing, Athleisure is the harbinger of a revolution in the workplace – a shift in the mindset of corporate giants. The days of judging a professional by the crispness of his shirt and the perfection of his Windsor knot are slowly but surely disappearing.
Not only is Athleisure a sensible choice, it is a fashionable one too. Check out the Instagram pictures of any fashionista and you will notice elements of sportswear mixed and matched with high fashion items. Jennifer Bandier, the owner of the active fashion game changer BANDIER, mentioned in a conversation with shape.com “The fashion industry is inspired by today’s ‘it-girls’ and tastemakers who wear leggings all the time, pair Nike sneakers with dresses and incorporate active, bodycon components into their overall look,”. Bandier has hit the bull’s eye as to why Athleisure has become such a massive rage in such a short span of time. After all, if your favorite fashion diva can rock those leggings to a brunch with the girls then why shouldn’t you?
The key question that arises is, how much is too much? There is a thin line between looking casual chic and looking like you had to make a mad dash from the gym to the office. The secret lies in not going too overboard and adding just a sprinkle of sportswear to your outfit. Take a cue from the latest obsession of mixing high-end and low-end pieces in one look. A well-fitted jacket or a beautiful choker can instantly elevate a casual outfit and can make it look way more put together. The right accessories go a long way in transforming you from a sweaty mess to a show stopper, as explained by stylist Rob Zangardi in his conversation with Vogue , “A pair of mirrored sunglasses, a structured leather jacket, a shirt tied around the waist . . . the key is that the piece has a sleek, sporty feel itself. Don’t add a vintage fringed jacket to your Lululemon Wunder Unders or cat-eye sunnies to your zip-up Nike jacket.” Also, stick with the neutral shades for work, black, gray and white leggings are way more appropriate than neon pink ones, which are better suited for a casual outing.
Athleisure is one trend that, when mastered, can make styling outfits an extremely easy job. It is this simplicity that has appealed to the masses, making Athleisure a global phenomenon. From the United States of America to China , Athleisure has spread its wings over the planet and it is not going anywhere. If anything, it is beginning to leave its imprint on formal attire as well. The amalgamation of active wear and glamor seems to be the next big leap for Athleisure, and it is already making its presence felt in the world of high fashion. Red Carpet dresses and haute couture inspired by gym wear is not as far-fetched a prediction as one may think.
Combining the luxurious element of high-end fashion with the breathability of sportswear is the direction which Athleisure seems to be approaching. Gowns with mesh details, sneakers embellished with studs, and bomber jackets made with silk are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the potential of this groundbreaking trend. If there is a way to look fashionable that does not involve straps digging into the flesh and corsets sucking the air out of the stomach, there are bound to be many takers. Perhaps, with time, the word leisure will get dropped from the equation as athletic wear starts to make an appearance at all occasions ranging from job interviews to formal galas!
A number of new/aspiring bloggers often send me in queries regarding how to turn blogging into a profession. While I am not an expert, nor a super successful blogger, I have worked with a fair share of brands during my blogging journey and today I will use my experience to share some knowledge regarding blogger collaborations. Bear in mind that I primarily work with beauty and lifestyle brands in India, so this blog post will be most relevant for beauty bloggers in India who want to know more about working with brands.
Although for most beauty bloggers, makeup & skincare is a passion, it becomes impractical to buy and review new products all the time unless you have a steady source of income, either from another job or from your blog. This is where the concept of blogger collaboration comes in handy, particularly for full-time bloggers. Many of you who are just starting out in this field do not know how to go about such collaborations and there are others who feel that bloggers lead a privileged life where they get sent a bunch of products for free. Today, I will answer some of these questions and will bust the ridiculous myths about blogging that I have seen floating around the internet.
1. Sponsored Posts – Sponsored posts basically mean that a brand pays you for talking about their products on your blog/social media platforms. However, a brand will offer you money for promoting their products only if you have a HUGE number of followers on at least one platform. Only those who have put years of effort into their blog or YouTube channel or Instagram profile, get to the point where brands start offering them money for their posts. So basically, you have to be prepared to make no money from your posts for a long time before you begin to get noticed by brands.
2. Free Products? – So do bloggers really get products for free? Yes, sometimes they do. However, influencer marketing largely works on a barter system wherein a brand expects you to review/feature the “free” product on your blog and social media profiles. So basically, you don’t really get a product for free, you have to click some great pictures of the product and create a video/blog post about it in return, which is not as easy as it may seem to non-bloggers. I would say that instead of being paid in cash by the brand, this model allows us to get paid in the form of products for the labor that is needed to create the required content. Bear in mind that most ethical brands request bloggers for their honest reviews on products, so all that you read/hear about a “free” product is not a bunch of lies. However, there are a few brands that insist on biased, positive reviews and I would recommend all bloggers to stay away from these folks because such malpractice will tarnish your reputation as an honest reviewer with time and is totally uncool too!
3. Discounted Products – Some of the more established brands may not be willing to offer free products but may provide some discount to a blogger based on the traffic the blog generates. Again, most brands expect you to share an “honest” review in return for the discount and these are the brands that I choose to work with. If your content about a brand gets a lot of views and positive responses, then chances are that the brand will approach you for more collaborations in the future and may also send you some free products if things work out. The key lies in creating the best possible, engaging content about each product that you feature on your blog.
4. Affiliate Links – Some brands may also provide bloggers with affiliate links that help the bloggers earn some commission each time someone uses their link to purchase a product. To be able to earn anything at all from these affiliate links you must have a large number of readers/followers in the first place, which brings me back to the main point of this post – no one can make anything from blogging without putting in a ton of effort.
What should new bloggers do?
If you are a new blogger then I will encourage you to first work on creating great content that attracts a reasonable number of readers. You will need to buy your own products for a LONG time before any brand starts sending you samples, and even then you cannot just work on sponsored posts because then your blog will turn into a collection of advertisements for a handful of brands. In the beginning, no brand may approach you, you will have to contact them instead. When approaching a brand for a collaboration, make sure to let them know how you can feature their products in a unique manner and why you are wanting to work with them. This will increase your chances of grabbing their attention and earning a spot on their collaboration program.
What are the blogger’s responsibilities when creating a sponsored post/writing about a PR sample?
It is not only ethical but is also mandated by search engines and different social media platforms to mention when you are creating some sponsored content or writing about a PR sample. This can be in the form of a hashtag (#ad, #sponsored, #PRsample etc) or in the form of plain old text. Also, if a brand is paying you for linking to their website in your blog post then make sure to add a “nofollow” attribute to this link. Google penalizes the web pages that add paid links to their articles without this attribute because some brands use underhanded tricks to increase their digital footprint by paying the bloggers to link to their website. (You can find out more about this by googling about no follow links.)
If you have made it to the end of this post then you must have realized that blogging and working with brands is not as easy a task as it may appear to be. It is not a rosy, privileged life for most bloggers and in fact, is one that requires a lot of dedication behind the scenes. So if you are new to the world of blogging, do keep these points in mind to set the right expectations and to take the necessary steps towards becoming a successful blogger.
Remember, keep your content honest, unique, and useful for your readers. Blogging should be a passion first and a profession later.
Happy Blogging! 🙂
Note – All images are taken from Pixabay
P.S. – If you enjoyed this blog post then please click this link and leave a comment on the nomination page to help me win the Indian Bloggers Award!
Hi guys, happy Friday! I am happy to announce to you that I have been nominated for the Indian Blogger Awards in the Beauty and Personal Care category. If you feel that my blog deserves to win, offers you an enjoyable read, or has helped you in making product choices then please click on this link and leave a comment and like to vote for me.
I owe all the success of this blog to my lovely readers and it would mean the world to me if you help my blog in getting some more recognition. Thanks a lot in advance for all your love and support and please do not forget to vote!
Hey guys, I am here today with something different, a makeup and beauty anti-haul! For those of you who are not aware of the concept of an anti-haul, it is the exact opposite of a haul, that is, it is a set of products that I would never purchase. Do bear in mind that I am not bashing any of these products and don’t even know whether they perform well or not, I won’t be buying them anytime soon simply because I either do not need them or they do not suit my budget. With that being said, here is a look at some of the products that do sound attractive but still won’t make it to my shopping cart.
1. Loreal Pure Clay Masks – The Loreal Pure Clay Masks have been receiving a lot of publicity recently. However, I won’t be purchasing these anytime soon because paying INR 850 for 48 gms of the product just doesn’t seem right to me. I would much rather go for a mask from Greenberry Organics that offers double the product at a lower price.
2. Lakme Absolute Lip Pouts – Masaba Lip Colors – Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely adore Masaba Gupta and LOVE the packaging of these lip colors but somehow the shades do not appeal to me. Also, they are priced at INR 750, which seems a little steep to me!
3. Dafni Hair Straightening Brush – A straightening brush that will set me back by 15K? No, thank you! I wish I was rich enough to try out this straightening brush from Dafni and discover why it is so expensive, but unfortunately, I am not 🙁
4. The Body Shop Fresh Nude Cushion Foundation – Although this product does seem intriguing, I do not think I will ever be willing to pay more than 2000 bucks for a foundation. Would love to receive this one as a gift though 😛
5. Forest Essentials Teenage Creams – I know that I am not a teenager, but even if I was, I don’t think I would be able to afford (or be allowed to purchase) such expensive creams. However, these would make an excellent present for a teenager you know.
So, this was a list of some of the products that I won’t purchase because of their prices, even though each one of them does sound very appealing and is created by a great brand. What are some of the products that you will never buy? Let me know about your anti-haul items in the comments below!
Disclaimer – None of the images are owned by me. Image sources are cited below each image.
The first time I shopped on Ajio.com, the delivery was delayed by a couple of days, and they sent me a gorgeous pair of earrings to make up for it! This is when I began trusting the website and have made several purchases ever since, each of which has been delivered within 1-2 days of placing the order, lightning fast I must say! What sets Ajio.com apart from the rest of the online shopping websites in India is that most of their collection is very unique and tasteful, and you will not find the same kurta that everyone and their mothers have been flaunting lately. The people who curate the collection really deserve some brownie points for selecting items that are so on trend yet not run of the mill. As for Ajio’s own fashion range, their fusion and ethnic wear designs are particularly fabulous, with prints, cuts, and fabrics that are hard to find anywhere else at such affordable prices. On top of this, they almost always have some great offers running on the website and their return policy is pretty hassle free too.
Okay, enough with the blabbering. Here are some of my recent purchases from the website that I am head over heels in love with –
This drool-worthy pair of brown block heels that have become my favorite shoes because they are comfy despite being so high! (Here is the link, but these are out of stock at the moment!)
This summer-appropriate kurti that has beautiful embroidery and a spectacular brush stroke print. (This too is out of stock but the site has equally gorgeous kurtis in stock.)
This flowy, oversized tunic that can be cinched at the waist to make a pretty dress. (Click to view, this too is out of stock at the moment 🙁 )
These cute little shorts that fit like a dream but will, unfortunately, have to gather dust in my closet until my next beach vacation (sigh!). (Click to buy.)
If you are into Indo-western outfits, then the collection at Ajio is definitely worth exploring while the website has great affordable picks in Western and Indian fashion too. They also have an amazing footwear selection in both flats and heels that will blow your mind. The quality of all the items is up to the mark and the customer service is impeccable. So, if you are planning on indulging in some retail therapy, head over to Ajio.com now!!!!
P.S. – Although I sound like a crazy fanatic, this post is NOT sponsored and I really do love the website so much 🙂
These days, online shopping websites are sprouting up like mushrooms on growth hormones! While I prefer sticking to the tried and tested websites (read Amazon, Nykaa, Jabong etc), the ads for Shein.in that were popping up on all the web pages that I visited lured me into placing a purchase. For those of you who are not aware, Shein is an international online shopping website for clothing which seems to have launched its Indian version recently (as far as I know). They have an amazing collection of international designs in dresses, tops, shoes, and accessories but what excited me the most was this blue and white porcelain print pencil dress.
This gorgeous dress is a proper body con fit. I went for the size S while I am usually an XS because the fabric is quite figure hugging. I would recommend going a size up if you choose to order this and let me also warn you not to wear this on days when you intend to gorge on a buffet meal! The fit of this dress is very snug, which makes it a great candidate for when you wish to flaunt some curves. Meanwhile, the blue and white porcelain print is perfect for summer and gives me the holiday vibes. I like the quality of this dress although I would have preferred the material to be slightly thicker – it is a little sheerer than I had expected but nothing too transparent. Also, I would have liked the dress to be a couple of inches shorter, I can get it altered but because it is a pencil fit, it tends to ride up the legs when I sit down, therefore I might leave the length as it is.
This dress is priced at INR 845 on the Shein website but I had to pay INR 926 due to shipping charges. Shipping is free on orders above INR 2600 and I think you can get a discount of INR 200 on your first purchase if it is above a certain amount. The dress reached me in approximately a week after placing the order, which is quite impressive since the product was shipped from Hong Kong. The site accepts all forms of payment, including Cash on Delivery with a nominal charge. Overall, I am quite impressed with the quality of the site, the dress, and the customer service and am glad that I chose to try out a new website. This dress will definitely join me on various vacations and brunches!
Currently, I am lusting over this gorgeous embroidered dress from Shein.
As well as this cold-shoulder dress with embroidered panels.
If any of my friends happen to be reading this then please send these dresses my way 😛
Do check out Shein.in to choose from their wonderful collection that is pretty affordable too! I will soon be updating you guys about my experience with other online shopping portals as well. Let me know if you want to know about any website in particular in the comments below!